Can I Use Smartswitch from my Samsung S8 to my new S8 Ultra?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to acquire a Samsung S8 Ultra to use around the house...I have a Samsung S8 Tablet already and the new Samsung S23 Ultra. Can I use Samsung Smart Swicth to populate the S8 Ultra with my apps and passwords etc., as I successfully did when I traded in my S22 Ultra to Verion for the S23 Ultra?

I run Nova Launcher Prime across my devices and am thinking I will share a Backup of my home screens and App group as well. That too worked out well in the past. I have the Book Cover Keyboard and a Sandisk 1TB SDMicro Card also waiting to be picked up in the AM,

Open to suggestions here, especially if you OWN and USE an S8 Ultra and have accessory or other suggestions. Because I have Best Buy Totaltech Membership, I do already have accidental damage and warranty protection for (24) months.

Thanks...am psyched to get this beast fired up while I have a few days off from work.

Last edited:

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been running my Ultra 24/7 for about 9 months and it is my primary computing device e at home. I have a Windows tablet but I use it only when I have something encrypted from work that I need access to.

As an accessory, I recommend the Samsung M8 Smart Monitor, It can be had for $300 and change and is an amazing addition to the Tab S8U or any Galaxy device. I'm a push of a button away from watching 4k content from my desk and since I run DeX, I have a 4k desktop for my work and play.

Check out my post here https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-dex/1047512-my-latest-dex-setup.html