Can't end a call

jloew

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
After i finish a call and go to hang up, the screen is black and i can't wake it up. i have to hit the power button a couple of times. any ideas?

jloew

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
verizon android- seems like the sensor that detects when phone is against your head and shuts off the display until it is taken away from your head is faulty- the screen remains blacked out..

sunlifexxx

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
some one needs to come out with a patch so when you are on the phone it does not go blank till the phone is hung up I hate that it does not. The senor works nice though. hope fully they will relase a new OS that address it on the droid

pacanis

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
verizon android- seems like the sensor that detects when phone is against your head and shuts off the display until it is taken away from your head is faulty- the screen remains blacked out..

Do you mean their motorola droid? I know their htc eris is an android phone, too...
I have the droid and just tried taking it away from my face during a call as slowly as I could and without changing the phone's orientation. The screen came right on each time. I'd say your phone is faulty.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean their motorola droid? I know their htc eris is an android phone, too...
I have the droid and just tried taking it away from my face during a call as slowly as I could and without changing the phone's orientation. The screen came right on each time. I'd say your phone is faulty.

True, but if you are on speakerphone, the screen turns black and you can't get back to the phone screen unless you press the top button.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
True, but if you are on speakerphone, the screen turns black and you can't get back to the phone screen unless you press the top button.

Yes, I think that's a battery saver option there that should definitely be worked on, it is helpful though at least if you grab the phone the wrong way on speaker, you don't press other buttons.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I digress slightly, but what would really be cool, is if there was an app that replicated the functionality on the Touch Pro 2. When you turn the Touch Pro 2 on it's face, the speakerphone automatically turns on, and when you turn it back over, it disengages. You can then see the phone screen and interact with it however you wish (hang up call, dial digits, etc). I believe they use the light sensor to detect this. There's also a mute button on the back of the phone if you want to mute the call without flipping the phone over.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
After i finish a call and go to hang up, the screen is black and i can't wake it up. i have to hit the power button a couple of times. any ideas?

I've had this issue happen to me once so far on my Droid. :(

Couldn't get it to do ANYTHING... had to eventually pop the battery... good thing is that it didn't affect my call... I didn't even notice until I took it away from my face and tried to hang up.

I think it has to be a software issue as the sensor seems to work perfectly fine... must have just encountered an error.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I had this nonresponsive black screen once. Not while I was on a call. But the screen was black and glowing, but nothing on it. The power button did toggle the glow on/off, but it was black and no buttons did anything. Turns out I had to replace the phone because of this issue and a few others... I'd see if it happens again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87