I dont know why I cant give up my Droid..

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Haha looks like we have some stragglers

its because the Droid is better built phone. Its because even though the incredible came out 5 months after the Droid and has more built in memory and a bigger processor, the Droid is still holding its own. The incredible is a great phone but I don't think it will have the same life time as the Droid. There is nothing that makes it unique compared to other android phones with sense. The droid is the device that put a staple into the android name.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I love the screen res of the Droid.. and the fact that its got both virtual and physical KB's..

and the fact that it's a Google Experience (stock OS) phone.. I dont like being told what UI I have to use.. if I could enable/disable SenseUI easily, I'd run the Incredible using the Stock UI for sure..

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure once its rooted you will be able too. Its only a matter of time.

My opinion is definitely biased for obvious reasons. The incredible is lighter than the droid but it seems like it is cheap. Its almost all plastic on the outside. For my next phone I pray that it is as solid as the droid.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I want the Motorola Shadow(Droid 2)!!!!

It's either that, or the HTC EVO.. I'm getting one of them..

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I love the screen res of the Droid.. and the fact that its got both virtual and physical KB's..

and the fact that it's a Google Experience (stock OS) phone.. I dont like being told what UI I have to use.. if I could enable/disable SenseUI easily, I'd run the Incredible using the Stock UI for sure..

Couldn't have said it better. Keyboard, screen res, stock os, and battery life are ust one of the many reasons why most Droid users don't see the Incredible as a much more dominant device. Its more of a if you don't have the Droid already get the Incredible kinda phone. I never looked at it as a must have. The Droid...was a MUST HAVE!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Droid all the way. It's my first Android love.

Having the Incredible on the market so soon after the Droid being released is like having a really hot girl walk by while on a date with your newlywed wife.... you're gonna look, 'cause you're a guy. But, Who are ya' takin' home? -- your wife. We are Android geeks and smartphone junkies. We HAVE to look, it's in our nature. But, good ol' Droid is in my hand.

But, to really stretch the analogy... a LOT of marriages do end in divorce. Actually, EVERY marriage ends in divorce - unless one of you dies first. So, if Droid does die or the hot swimsuit model does dishes and cooks...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
However.. Having both phones, I can atest that there are some things that the Incredible does that are much better than the Droid.

Such as overall responsiveness. I've had the Droid lag, freeze up, force close on me quite alot. It's paltry 256MB of ram doesnt cut it.. the 512MB ram in the Incredible makes a huge difference.

however.. I really really do hope that with Android 2.2, the Droid begins to perform like it really should be.. I'll most likely switch back. :D

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
However.. Having both phones, I can atest that there are some things that the Incredible does that are much better than the Droid.

Such as overall responsiveness. I've had the Droid lag, freeze up, force close on me quite alot. It's paltry 256MB of ram doesnt cut it.. the 512MB ram in the Incredible makes a huge difference.

however.. I really really do hope that with Android 2.2, the Droid begins to perform like it really should be.. I'll most likely switch back. :D

Ever since I started using BB 1.0 1ghz, I haven't experienced any lag and haven't had not 1 force close. Sadly, not everyone shares the same experience.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Droid all the way. It's my first Android love.

Having the Incredible on the market so soon after the Droid being released is like having a really hot girl walk by while on a date with your newlywed wife.... you're gonna look, 'cause you're a guy. But, Who are ya' takin' home? -- your wife. We are Android geeks and smartphone junkies. We HAVE to look, it's in our nature. But, good ol' Droid is in my hand.

But, to really stretch the analogy... a LOT of marriages do end in divorce. Actually, EVERY marriage ends in divorce - unless one of you dies first. So, if Droid does die or the hot swimsuit model does dishes and cooks...

haha that is the greatest analogy ever. its funny and yet it is so true.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty