Moto Droid making loud shrill noise

nanllyn

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
When I make a call everyone is telling me that they are hearing a loud shrill sound but I hear nothing so I went to Verizon to get an exchange since I have the insurance. They checked my phone out and said it should be exchanged but when they tried to exchange it they said there was none in the store and none even at their warehouse and they had no idea when they would get more. I'm wondering if that is because of the new Android phones coming out.
So if I have to get another phone I want to be prepared to make a decision. Any thoughts on another Android phone? I absolutely love my Droid and hope they will be able to get more in so I can exchange mine. But if I can't I would want one just like the Droid as far as a physical keyboard and also I like the amount of memory. And I want the freedom I have with the Droid to install anything I want. It's the first phone Verizon hasn't locked down.
Anyway hopefully I can keep my Droid but as I said I just want some ideas in case they don't get any more Droids in stock.
Oh one last question, I was talking to an ex Verizon employee who insisted that the Droid won't accept a 32GB card. Is this correct?
Thanks,
Nancy

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
is this within your first 30 days of purchasing the droid? if it is after then they will not give you a new phone. They will mail you a refurbished one and make you send in yours.

nanllyn

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I've had the phone for approx. 9 months. Thats a guess but I got it the day they released it. I just cant remember when that was. And I dont like the idea I paid for a new phone and the insurance and I get a refurbished one in return. But I know thats how their insurance works.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it definitely isn't the greatest feeling in the world but atleast the shrill will be gone. Verizon isn't going to give you a new phone as a replacement, especially if it just released. Look on the bright side,in 5 months you can early upgrade.

nanllyn

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much for all the replies. I really appreciate it.
Unfortunately there is no bright side as I can not use my phone at all, so there is no way I can wait 5 months. Nor will I pay for the monthly bill for a phone I can't use. So they have to get me another Droid or one of the upgrades if they don't have any more Droids.
The salesman said the Droids are not even stocked in the warehouse now. He told me to call Verizon tomorrow and see if maybe they may get some more in. I'm hoping they do as I really, really love my Droid. Otherwise they are going to have to upgrade me to one of the newer Droids. I paid for my phone, I pay my monthly fees including the data plan, and I pay for the warranty protection. So they need to get me a phone that works since I'm paying for their services.
A refurbished Droid is fine. I don't think it is right that you pay for a new phone and they give you a refurbished one but I know that is how the warranty works. I just need a phone that works.
Thanks again,
Nancy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38