Not just for children

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I want to let you know that wishing is not just for children. Over the years I've never given much credence to wishes or the act of wishing. When youre young, when you have a birthday, they say make a wish and blow out the candles. Of course being young you wish for things that invariably don't come true. Usually for things do outlandish they couldn't come true. I want to fly to the moon. I want to be a cowboy. I want a gazillion dollars. Inevitably because they never come true, believing in wishes falls to the wayside and we stop doing it. I'm here to tell you they can happen. The more simple they are the more chance you have of it happening. My girlfriend was put in the hospital on the 11th. They didn't know what was wrong. No idea of a release date. My birthday was on the 16th. As the 16th neared we still had no idea when she would be released. On the 14th, even though it was early, I made my birthday wish. For her to be here on my birthday to be able to throw rocks at me. Yes my warped humor allows me to make jokes even in the worst scenerios. Why after all these years I did that I don't know. Must be 50 years since I last put a thought into doing that. The 15th came around and still no sign of a release. So then I got a birthday candle out. Holding it in my hand I lit it. I then repeated my wish outloud and blew the candle out. An hour later she called and said they were starting the process to release her. By late night Friday the 15th she was back home. She wasn't up to par, yet a wish I made came true. she was home just a few hours before my birthday started at midnight. Although she was still recovering and slept most of the time, when she wasnt I was able to spend my birthday with her. This was the first time in my life a wish came true. I'm not writing this for sympathy so don't post any. What I AM saying is don't give up on wishing. Apparently it doesn't matter how old you are they can still come true.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Wishes do come true absolutely! But you're right that they might not of you wish for the impossible. My late brother's favorite saying was that it "doesn't hurt to dream." Without dreams or wishes we would be stagnant never trying or succeeding at what we want out of life. So go ahead, keep wishing & dreaming.

So glad your wish came true. What a wonderful birthday present. Happy Birthday!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter