How much Data do you use?

How much data do you use per month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
With AT&T creating tiered plans and potentially Verizon doing the same. How much data do you use a month on your Droid?

I've been using just less than 2 gig per month.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
6GB here last month and I don't tether. I think it's the persistent downloading of roms and podcasts over 3G from work.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
3-4gigs a month..**** I wonder what it will be when I tether out of town?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That depends on what you do when you tether. If you just web surf, it won't mount to much. If you download large files and watch Hulu, it will be lots more. :eek:

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
When I had a Blackberry I normally used about 50-70 megs. With my Droid I'm averaging about 1.5 GB per month. Actually having a phone with real web and apps makes me use it all the time. Plus having pdanet for trips out of town has really been awesome.

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
last month was about 750MB, which is probably my average. Mostly google reader and some other random web stuff, and downloading updates for my apps. I dont usually stream anything to my phone.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
about 600 MB for me, though that number will probably be going up soon as i just got a new netbook and am going to start tethering

i also use wifi constantly at home, so that probably skews it a bit as well

Last edited:

asdr24

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
When I had a Blackberry I normally used about 50-70 megs. With my Droid I'm averaging about 1.5 GB per month. Actually having a phone with real web and apps makes me use it all the time. Plus having pdanet for trips out of town has really been awesome.

Not to get smart but why not use the wireless tether? I used to use PDAnet before my rooting days but was wondering if it had an advantage over just using Wireless Tether after root.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently hitting about 3.5gb/month, but that's with almost no time on wifi, so i hope that'll go down when i set up wifi at home.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to use wifi more and see what that does for me. Currently, I'm on target for 600k for the month versus 1.9 gig.

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Not to get smart but why not use the wireless tether? I used to use PDAnet before my rooting days but was wondering if it had an advantage over just using Wireless Tether after root.

I understand where you're coming from. Currently I'm back on a stock rom until I get around to trying the newer bugless beast. I was having issues with the last version and haven't had the chance to update again. PDAnet works well for me in the interim.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Droid w/ Verizon here... I use anywhere between 500MB on a low month to 1.1GB on a high month and average somewhere in the middle most months.

I sure hope Verizon doesn't follow AT&T's modifications. I think it's stupid for AT&T to make their customers pay $15 for only 200MB and $25 for 2GB. It's just not the right configuration to go from $30 for 5GB of data. A better price plan would be $15 for 500MB, $20 for 750MB, and $25 for 3GB. That sounds more reasonable and caters to several tiers of data users. Low, Medium, and High.

Whatever Verizon does, I'll be grandfathered in. Not that I use the 5GB, I just think it's the right price/GB combination.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't count on grandfathering. I would think they would rather give you a one-time reduction of early termination fee or something. Think about how many droids and incredibles are out there. If they can make more money off of them due to data fees, they'll do it.

I used about 1gig a month for the first 3 months, now I float between 200 and 500 mb. Thank you to all of the people tethering and downloading roms, daily, so that I'm not in the highest data using group. :)

c1k1r1

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Personaly I use betwene 5 to 7 gigs a month but my droid is used for everything internet in my house

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
im about 1.3gb but im at home on wifi like 85% of the time so i figure if i wasn't it would be probly closer to 5 or more gb ouch im scared to see what happens when the unlimited plans are no more >_<

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez