Could a reasoning be any dumber..

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
So I often read the mac rumors thread because well you find some entertaining stuff like this one...

Told off a Verizon employee, then got a new customer for Apple :)

Today, I walked into the Verizon store with intentions to buy a Motorola Droid to try it out and possibly even keep it. There were 2 employees and 4 different customers (including myself) in the store, so I waited.

As I was standing, I hear this employee telling a customer about the Motorola Droid. The employee was saying things like "The Droid is faster than the iPhone, more unique, better apps"

I told the employee, "Excuse me, how is it faster when all of the speed tests say otherwise? How is it more unique? And the apps? Last I checked 100,000 apps using a simplistic method with easy payment (gift cards can be done) beats 14,000 any day. I had all intentions to buy a Motorola Droid today, but you really know how to turn off a customer." Then I said to the customer, "If you want a real comparison, I'll tell you the pros and cons of each."

Anyways, I took the customer outside and now they are buying a little phone called the iPhone from a company who doesn't need to put down other products in order to sell.

Told off a Verizon employee, then got a new customer for Apple :) - Mac Forums

I attached the link so you can read what other said in response... I just wanted to share this.. hopefully you can get a laugh out of it.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think you're posting on the wrong forum? We here mostly enjoy the droid. More importantly, what do you expect? It's called sales, that's how it works. Every company says it's the best at what it does, why is this any different?

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
its about the droid, and trust me... i am in love with my droid... i just simply posted the article because every review you read the droid is being compared to the iphone. I just thought it was a stupid person trying to get praise about him acting like a drama queen..

I am not at all on his side and this wasnt from me.. I just thought it was funny, in a extremely stupid way.

thekC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
That's what I love about Apple, that company doesn't need to put down other products in order to sell.

pcguy.jpg

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
ah my bad, thought you were the original poster. The way I see it, I couldn't give 2 shyts about what anyone else has or likes :) I'm all for choice and all against fanboys (of any camp). The iphone is stellar, there's no questioning that. And so is the droid. Yay for competition and free markets

Glitch4583

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Slightly amusing story along this same vein though. I went into a vzw store yesterday since I'm about to drop Sprint to go back to a carrier that actually WORKS at Universal Studios and Disney World. Aanyhoo, I was playing with the Droid, talking to one of the sales reps, and he told me the Droid was LTE-ready. I didn't wanna call him out on it right there but....really? really? You're gonna tell me it has a 700MHz chip in it as well? Well, not bashing the droid, I'll be gettin mine in 2 weeks via tele-sales but hey, thought it was amusing.

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
wow that dude has to be embarrassed now... he tried to be soooo cool and post a "sale" that he made himself and he is getting BASHED for it by his own kind hahahha so funny

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
So I often read the mac rumors thread because well you find some entertaining stuff like this one...

Told off a Verizon employee, then got a new customer for Apple :)

Today, I walked into the Verizon store with intentions to buy a Motorola Droid to try it out and possibly even keep it. There were 2 employees and 4 different customers (including myself) in the store, so I waited.

As I was standing, I hear this employee telling a customer about the Motorola Droid. The employee was saying things like "The Droid is faster than the iPhone, more unique, better apps"

I told the employee, "Excuse me, how is it faster when all of the speed tests say otherwise? How is it more unique? And the apps? Last I checked 100,000 apps using a simplistic method with easy payment (gift cards can be done) beats 14,000 any day. I had all intentions to buy a Motorola Droid today, but you really know how to turn off a customer." Then I said to the customer, "If you want a real comparison, I'll tell you the pros and cons of each."

Anyways, I took the customer outside and now they are buying a little phone called the iPhone from a company who doesn't need to put down other products in order to sell.

Told off a Verizon employee, then got a new customer for Apple :) - Mac Forums

I attached the link so you can read what other said in response... I just wanted to share this.. hopefully you can get a laugh out of it.

Just one question: What kind of Volvo does this iphone person drive? :D

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I think the guy (or girl) was just angry she/he was having to wait in line to get the Droid so he convinced the lady to go buy the IPhone so he can get his Droid faster. LoL!! I mean really no Fanboi like that is going to admit to wanting a Droid then post that the got the Iphone a new customer. OF COURSE he's going to get flamed.