anyone tethering?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Does VZW allow "Official" teathering on the DROID? I occasionally use this as a paid service on my BB Storm. I plan on upgrading to the Droid in Feb, and would like to be able to continue this service.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
They allow you to 'demo' it for 30 days.

OK, the duh question. If it worked, why not just buy it. It's what? $30 forever?

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
Does VZW allow "Official" teathering on the DROID? I occasionally use this as a paid service on my BB Storm. I plan on upgrading to the Droid in Feb, and would like to be able to continue this service.

verizon doesnt allow it....really they dont have anything to do with it. if u have unlimited data usage,it doesnt matter what u do with that usage. its unlimited. i believe there are lawsuits right now against verizon and att, ecause they said there unlimited data had a cap.....lol. wtf? really?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
C'mon! They sell it in the market even tho' it's not permitted! That's a real laugher. Maybe the Beautiful widgets will come back after all!

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Just dont go downloading movies and other large files on it. They won't much care if you use it for internetting and whatnot, but if you abuse it, I'm pretty sure Verizon will try to hit you hard (as in going over the 5GB "limit" or whatever it is).

Plus the more people who abuse it, the more likely they are to put an end to it.

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
can someone tether on their droid, and post a speed test result from speedtest.net? i want to see what sort of throughput speeds i'll be dealing with when i FINALLY get my droid. I seriously can't wait to get one.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i have used pda.net -- just briefly to take a quick cruise around the web... worked pretty damn well for me. well enough that i would probably also purchase it. i'd rarely use it, but those times i'm in a pinch it would be very handy! rather than paying $30 per month each time i want to use it (if i were to turn it on/off)

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
im getting 1647 dl and 729 ul. in the boonies

dang! totally worth it. I was only getting about 300 dl and 120 ul tethering through my 8330 a couple months ago. granted, it was only on EVDO rev0. I haven't tried it on my Tour yet. Impressive tethering speeds. i'm even more excited now to replace my BB with a Droid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38