Droid price increase at Best Buy

nighthawk700

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I was in Best Buy last night (bro-in-law needed to get a few things), so as usual, I headed over to the mobile department. They had the new Buyers guide, and I looked at the Droid... $299... Huh??? Then looked at the Droid Eris, $199. I then looked at the prices on the shelf. $229 for Droid, $99 for Eris. I asked the sales person what was up, she said that now that Christmas is over, the special pricing no longer applies. She didn't say anything about the discrepancy between the price in the guide and the price on the shelf (and I checked Best Buy on line, price on the shelf matches price on line) Seems to be the prices they always were at via Verizon's website.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
$299 is normal. You get a $100 dollar MIR then if you're a VZ customer already with a month-to-month line, you should be eligible for their $50 NE2 upgrade, so it winds up being $149+tax.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You're only eligible for a NE2 credit if your price plan is $49.99 or higher.

You're eligible for NE2 on price plans > 34.99. Currently 34.99-79.98 gets $30 off and >79.99 gets $50. If you got your plan before the switch in February 09, it was $50 and $100 off on the main line. If you're signed up for a base plan of 49.99 or higher and are registered on My Verizon, the main line can upgrade annually.

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
What is NE2?

When I purchased my Droid at the Verizon store, they said I'd get a $100 Visa card back. How do I get this extra NE2?

Do I need to do anything special?

My plan is over $100-- so I think I might be eligible?

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
It's good i used my Best Buy rewards special email coupon to get my Eris at $49.99 at Best Buy. What i cant figure out is how can Walmart and Amazon.com sell the Eris at such low pricing?

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I thought after any two year contact your able to get the new every two. But after a year you can be eligible for a new phone. Thats what I did. After the year I got a new phone, but i didnt get the credit.. which is fine. I could care less

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I thought after any two year contact your able to get the new every two. But after a year you can be eligible for a new phone. Thats what I did. After the year I got a new phone, but i didnt get the credit.. which is fine. I could care less

After a year is the new phone free? I'm new to Verizon or do you have to pay full price for the phone after your first year?

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Saw the same price increase and was really surprised. Luckily I got mine using the price match from Dell for $119.99. Best Buy still appears to be doing instant rebates as opposed to mailing them in, so not sure why they stopped with the Droid.