100% confirmed - Flash and 2.1 coming to Moto Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
This news settled any worry for me about getting a droid... im not even thinking about waiting for the nexus now.

itzperch

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah its the same story, you can keep waiting. The phone to out-do the nexus 1 is already in the works, and so forth. Anyone know if we will ever get motoblur ?

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I have no problems with 2.0.1, and I welcome 2.1!! To me I didn't notice any changes in the 2.0 to 2.0.1, so I hope there are some noticable cosmetic and other upgrades with 2.1.

I don't think anything needs fixed really, so lets hope it's just upgrades!

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Nobody knows. At this point, people are debating on whether they think the imminent Maintenance update (presumably to be delivered on the 22nd-- although I don't know where that came from) will include flash and 2.1 or whether those will be saved for later and the 1/22/10 update will just be routine fixes.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I really hope 2.1 comes on the 22nd (doubt flash will though). Itd be great to get my droid with 2.1 already on it :D

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
This is good news - my guess is it will be sooner rather than later: Motorola will want to stay competitive with the Nexus , and the fact that the Moto exec appeared at the Nexus release indicates they're still playing nice together. So my Crystal Ball says end of January for 2.1, but Flash later in the year, maybe summer.

That being predicted, I should point out my Crystal Ball usually fails with stocks & horses....

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Woo Hoo
hey finally a phone that is getting more like a PC gota love it
now i dont have to lug that notebook around any more

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
lol,it doesznt matter what phone u have...theres a better one in the works. the droid imo is the best out. trackballs suck. and if we are getting flash and 2.1, i would vote the droid as the phone to beat.hands down better than iphone or nexus.

Reactions: prometheus

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well, since they mentioned the maintenance release seperate from 2.1, I suspect we get 2.02 or something like that at the end of this month, then 2.1 with flash in a few months. I am excited.

ZanshinG1

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
That October date is from early last year when Adobe was planning on releasing flash in 2009. I think we'll see it sometime between Feb-May.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
That October date is from early last year when Adobe was planning on releasing flash in 2009. I think we'll see it sometime between Feb-May.

Oh ok :D Thanks for clearing that up for me... I was REALLY dreading waiting until October... That's like... FOREVER.

ZanshinG1

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that they were on schedule, but Google has been going through revisions so fast, and 2.1 adds the hardware graphics acceleration that flash 10.1 really needs, so Adobe decided to spend a few more months rewriting it for Flan.

Mind, it's pure guesswork. But judging from how fast 2.1 runs on the Droid compared to 2.01, it seems like they're leveraging the GPU and starting to use OpenGL for things like the launcher and gallery. I'd guess the underlying code is there in 2.1 for Adobe to hook.

R

Roy Aguilera

i think 2.1 will be here this month. just my opinion.

I think you are right. During an interview with Engaget, Sanjay (Motorola CEO) said the following when talking about the Nexus:
I'm very happy to support it and participate because it's something new in the industry, but, you know, it's not Google doing the hardware, it's that they're working with partners to deliver the hardware, and in some sense, you can look at the Droid -- that device is 2.0, and this is 2.1. The day that launches (Nexus), 2.1 will be available to us and we'll upgrade the Droid to 2.1. So the software feature sets will be available completely to us.
Sounds like he wants to jump on it.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Verizon guy gave me a date yesterday, and it was just a week or two off, but I told him based on the emails reported it would be sooner. He's probably the one that's correct. Be patient, but it is coming this month. I just don't recall the date he said.

R

Roy Aguilera

Also he stated that all motorola (android) phones would get the 2.1 treatment and that the droid would get a maintenance update. That does not mean that it will come in 2 updates. 2.0.1 is basicaly a stripped down version of 2.1 (both Eclair). The maintenace release might just be 2.1. He could have said it that way, to cover his *** in case they have not fully ported it by the 18th. My guess, is that it drops before the 22nd like the first dropped early. Start looking out for it on the 18th (Monday).

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will be easily missed, just keep tuned and within moments of somebody finding it we will all know its out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez