Motorola Droid Wont Ring

Ramenstien

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Someone I know has a Motorola Droid. For some reason their phone will not ring when someone calls. I have looked at the settings and everything is on. The volume for the ringtone is all the way up and the volume itself is all the way up. I even restarted it and it didn't help anything. It would be awesome if someone could get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ramenstien

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi..
I would advice your friend to get the phone to the nearest repair center for repair/replacement.

Ps. remove/reinsert the battery to see if that fix the problem first.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
If it produces sound for a text or email or music, then it probably isnt hardware related.

Try shutting down and removing battery then reboot. Check the slider on the right for the lock screen.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
You sure she set a ringtone? Maybe something happened with the SD card and the phone needed to rescan things. I know when I bumped my SD card from 16 GB to 32 that I had to reset all my notification sounds, even after copying everything from my 16 to my 32.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you don't have it set to silent for that individual contact. You can set different sounds for each contact...you may have it on silent for that one contact. Open the Contacts info on the phone and check the notification setting.

Ramenstien

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all of the help but I believe she fixed it. She said that what happened was something happened in her contacts. She fixed it after I left so I wasn't exactly sure what she meant. But it had to deal with her individual contacts. I would say its because she had the individual contact set to silent but more than one person called her so I don't think that that would be the case. Oh well, as long as she fixed it I guess thats all that matters. Thanks a lot for the help though.