Return to Factory Settings with no SD?

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have an OG Droid that has suddenly stopped recognizing the SD card. At first I thought my SD card was munged but I've tried it on two other cards that are known to be good and it can't see any of them. It won't let me format a card, and if I plug it into a computer, the computer can't see the SD either.

I called Verizon Tech Support and after talking me through a Data Reset with no effect, they agreed to send me a replacement tomorrow. But they want me to return the defective Droid.

My problem (if it is a problem?) is that my Droid is rooted with Project Elite and a custom Matrix boot screen. So if anyone turns it on, the first thing they'll see is that I've been "hacking" it. Even after the so called "Data Reset" the Elite Rom and custom boot screen persist. Will Verizon care? I bet if I'd walked it into a store someone would have given me grief over the custom rom, but the Tech Support guy on the phone never asked.

I would be more comfortable returning it to stock before shipping it back to them, but how can I do that if it won't recognize an SD card? I don't think Rom Manager or Titanium will work properly without an SD card. :(

Advice?

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well nevermind. It seems that the invisible SD issue was temporary and linked to a brand new but apparently munged 32 gb Sandisk which I will be returning to Amazon. After multiple reboots I was finally able to get my old 16 gb card to show up. Now I just have to decide whether to swap my old beat up OG Droid for whatever refurb Verizon ships me. But if they try to switch me to a Droid 2 I won't do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez