Bypass Welcome Screen

toddtmw

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone aware of an app or hack that will bypass the welcome screen?

When I press the button on top, I just want to use my Droid. I don't want to slide my finger across the screen. I'm willing to take the risk that if I bump the button when it is in its spring holster that it will stay on for longer than it would otherwise, but that button is pretty well protected and fairly hard to press. I think the times this will happen will be small.

Certainly, if I pop open the keyboard, there should be no welcome screen. THAT is not something that will happen accidentally.

(I do not have a security pattern turned on... so that is not an issue for me.)

-Todd

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have very good luck with screen mode widget, it just didn't work half the time. however, mylock works like a charm.

It's not a straightforward download. you need to go thru settings... applications... and allow unknown sources. them load thru your pc. but, I love the app and It's free

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about the same thing the other night.. Theres been a few times that I've missed a call because it wouldnt slide right to allow me to answer the call, or it sticks.. And I agree if you slide open the keyboard you shouldn't have to deal with the whole slide to unlock. Thanks for the information.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I did a rant on another thread here regarding lock screens.... I don't want to get into that again.

However, I agree ^^^^ lock screens (in my opinion) are a silly waste and an annoyance.