Music app and Phone calls

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I did some searches and haven't found this asked.

I have loaded my music on the phone and now listen to it all day at work (with headphones). Well, when I receive a phone call, I unplug the headphones and answer the call. After the call is over, I hang up. The music then resumes playing my heavy metal loud through the speaker and disturbs everyone around me. I scramble to get back to the music player and pause it to plug my headphones back in.

The music player will pause the music when a call is received but resumes when it is hung up. Why won't it stay paused? Of course, I can't pause it before the call because the call screen pops up when I receive a call.

I have another music player (Meridian) but I can't find a shuffle option and that is one of the main features I use.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would get some earbuds with a mic so you can answer your phone and go to listening without sisterhood g everyone.

I would also try answering the phone with your current headphones. The Michael on the Droid seems to pickup sounds good.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
MikeB, I have a solution for you. Buy a set of headphones/phone headset for the blackberry. I use my old set from my BB 8330. They allow you to listen to music, press the button on the headphones to answer a phone call. When the call is done, another press of the button hangs up, then unpauses the music. They are of high quility, and are pretty cheap. Hope this solves your problem.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking at a screen-shot of this app in the Market. Isn't the first button in their screen-shot a shuffle button?

Good one ... yep, you have to play the song to set shuffle .. kinda dumb not to offer the option anywhere else. I'm trying this play out. I don't know what will happen when I get a call .. I'll report back.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
MikeB, I have a solution for you. Buy a set of headphones/phone headset for the blackberry. I use my old set from my BB 8330. They allow you to listen to music, press the button on the headphones to answer a phone call. When the call is done, another press of the button hangs up, then unpauses the music. They are of high quality, and are pretty cheap. Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks, for the headphones suggestion. I will consider it although I don't really want to walk around the office with my headphones on .. (I usually step away from my desk for personal calls).

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Good one ... yep, you have to play the song to set shuffle .. kinda dumb not to offer the option anywhere else. I'm trying this play out. I don't know what will happen when I get a call .. I'll report back.

Ah... yes that is dumb. Thanks for letting us know how it ends up working out. I also wonder, if you manually put it in pause, then unplug the headphones, will it stay in pause?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
As far as I know Cory, it does. Also works if you're listening to music, and then you unplug the headphones, it has a sensor like the ipods and stops playing music.
Guess it's not the same as when you recieve a call.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know Cory, it does. Also works if you're listening to music, and then you unplug the headphones, it has a sensor like the ipods and stops playing music.
Guess it's not the same as when you recieve a call.

Yes, if you are listening to music and unplug, it pauses the music. If the phone rings and you unplug, it does pause the music and you can take the call but when the call is over the music resumes ..

Cirro

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
MikeB, I have a solution for you. Buy a set of headphones/phone headset for the blackberry. I use my old set from my BB 8330. They allow you to listen to music, press the button on the headphones to answer a phone call. When the call is done, another press of the button hangs up, then unpauses the music. They are of high quility, and are pretty cheap. Hope this solves your problem.

I have the exact same ear buds however while in call and press the button it doesnt hang up it just mutes the call, I wish it would hang up rather then mute the call

thesavo

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I think that this is by design that it mutes the active phone. I have a problem, is there a way to dis-associate the stock "music' app from the headset button? I have installed bunches of podcast apps and headset "fix" utilities. The problem is that you can only either kill the button entirely or use it to control another music app. However, that blasted built-in music app continues to take actions from the headset button. What gives? I like the buttons, they work well, just need to loose the stupid built-in app.