How do i know im overclocked??

sharra1#IM

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I dl the nandroid overclock. my phone is rooted. with 2.1. replaced in nandroid folder my boot.img and booted in recovery restore new boot. everything ok..

I dl setcpu and its still telling me cant find root.
I wanted to set min and max but i cant ..
doesnt seem faster??

i dl evilboot nandroid

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
look in system bin and see if you have busybox in their. If you don't have it go to alldroid and dl Droid root helper it will install the needed files

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They way I did it was just doing a linepack speed test. I had downloaded it for free from the market before installing a rom with an o/c kernal. Speed tests would vary for everyone but I was getting around 4.5 mflops before using setcpu to change speeds at 800mhz I was getting around 6.8 mflops. Using gbhil's method will tell you for sure though, I just know that we are not all comfortable typing commands.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
They way I did it was just doing a linepack speed test. I had downloaded it for free from the market before installing a rom with an o/c kernal. Speed tests would vary for everyone but I was getting around 4.5 mflops before using setcpu to change speeds at 800mhz I was getting around 6.8 mflops. Using gbhil's method will tell you for sure though, I just know that we are not all comfortable typing commands.

You're right, and sometimes I tend to forget that :)

I'm sure other file managers will do this, but here's how you can check with Astro:
Open the app and navigate through the files to:
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq

Long press and choose open as: text. The file only has one line, and it's a number. That's the top end of your CPU. If it says 550000 you're stock. Higher than that, you're overclocked. Lower, you're underclocked.

Be sure NOT to save any changes when you close the text viewer down. If you do by mistake, reboot your phone to correct it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress