i may be screwed, or just not know what to do. HELP PLEASE!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

okay. to begin, i rooted my samsung galaxy s7 sm-g930w8 at the start of this week and everything was fine, im an amateur with enough knowledge to know what i can and cannot do(TO A POINT)
anyhow last night as i couldnt sleep, i decided to look into controller mapping apks(no problem here yet)
aearlier on in the night i was messing with my settings and stupid stupid me, turned off OEM unlock as well as USB debugger(I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I THOUGHT THIS A GOOD IDEA! in my defense i thought it wouldnt need to be on anymore as i had finished all of the necessary PC work)
so... this controller mapping program which name i do not remember at the moment, after being installed did its thing and asks for keyboard access which i grant. it asks for a reboot after this which it proceeds to do... and well then. my phone was stuck in a boot loop with red flavour text at the top saying "custom binary blocked frp" or something along those lines
so after panicking realizing the absolute worst mistake anyone could make and calling myself a fool.
i then do what i can to flash my phone again well, now, odin will fail everytime. i cannot downgrade the firmware as i get another error and now my phone wont even show me the samsung slogo... just an eclamation triangle telling me to use smart switch.
which i have used and it fails as my device isnt supported
i have tried kies
i have tried adb tools to try and enable usb debugging through my PC
along with two or three other possible programs and steps online that i thought may help.
so now i am stuck with a HOPEFULLY FIXABLE BRICK and have exhausted all options i have been able to find.
PLEASE HELP...ANYONE? :'(
am i screwed and stuck with a bricked phone unable to afford another until july. stuck without a phone because of my foolish stupidity?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
okay. to begin, i rooted my samsung galaxy s7 sm-g930w8 at the start of this week and everything was fine, im an amateur with enough knowledge to know what i can and cannot do(TO A POINT)
anyhow last night as i couldnt sleep, i decided to look into controller mapping apks(no problem here yet)
aearlier on in the night i was messing with my settings and stupid stupid me, turned off OEM unlock as well as USB debugger(I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I THOUGHT THIS A GOOD IDEA! in my defense i thought it wouldnt need to be on anymore as i had finished all of the necessary PC work)
so... this controller mapping program which name i do not remember at the moment, after being installed did its thing and asks for keyboard access which i grant. it asks for a reboot after this which it proceeds to do... and well then. my phone was stuck in a boot loop with red flavour text at the top saying "custom binary blocked frp" or something along those lines
so after panicking realizing the absolute worst mistake anyone could make and calling myself a fool.
i then do what i can to flash my phone again well, now, odin will fail everytime. i cannot downgrade the firmware as i get another error and now my phone wont even show me the samsung slogo... just an eclamation triangle telling me to use smart switch.
i have tried kies
along with two or three other possible programs and steps online that i thought may help.
so now i am stuck with a HOPEFULLY FIXABLE BRICK and have exhausted all options i have been able to find.
am i screwed and stuck with a bricked phone unable to afford another until july. stuck without a phone because of my foolish stupidity?
Try to flash the same firmware , and download the correct Odin for that , best place to look is XDA forums.

A

Android Central Question

PLEASE HELP! i may be screwed UPDATE!

i have tried kies

*UPDATE*
so i found the firmware i originally used to flash through my browser download history... and now i get the error message custom binary(recovery)blocked by frp lock which was the original message from the boot screen just now it is on the download or recovery screen(whichever the name is for flashing)
i have no idea if i actually have a backup of the firmware, so im going to check my sd card to see if it is on there and try the flashing process again.
any other suggestions besides finding the og firmware used to flash in the first place?
Can i fix this by finding and deleting a file on my sd? or is everything automatically saved to the systems internal memory?

Last edited by a moderator:

Technimechanical

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Re: PLEASE HELP! i may be screwed UPDATE!

it was i who made this post so instead of making new questions everytime i make progress i can now leave it in the replies

cunnyLucas

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
I did the same thing on my j7prime2. Took me 3days to fix it. You need to flash i flashed mine with 7.1 then 9.0. And check nand wipe in odin. It workd for me

Technimechanical

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
i have done so i redid the steps i took to flashing it in the first place but its constantly failing. i think it is due to usb debugging not being turned on in settings and i can no longer access it as im stuck in a boot loop. but i did manage to get into the recovery mode and am stuck again. frp is still on and i get a common error and now after getting into recovery mode with stock firmware i cannot get into the phone itself with frp still on

Technimechanical

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
wont let me downgrade still the same custom binary(recovery) frp lock
been at this all day... am i dumb for not being able to fix this?
i was dumb enough to disable oem and usb debugger before installing a new program and letting it restart causing the frp lock :/
im stuck. and real frustrated.

Last edited:

cunnyLucas

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Usb debuging not needed to flash in odin. Try the lowest android version for your device and the highest in odin. Check which one works. Also try flashing android ap alone then bl alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali