droid Bluetooth questions

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
OK, I have just got a Droid and I'm comming from a Bb tour. I have several bluetooth questions:

1. Is it possible in any app to enable bluetooth dialing yet?
2. Can this support listening to pandora or podcasts over bluetooth? I can make calls fine but don't see how to make pandora worl on the earpiece
3. I want to buy the blackberry gateway to stream content to a home stereo and it needs a2dp support (other phones besides bb work this way). Any ideas on if this will work?

Thank you for any help!

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
1. Not that I know of but maybe somebody else could help on that. FYI, I have bluetooth in my Acura and Nissan and I can use the dialing feature in the car to make calls with my droid.

2. Not sure on Pandora but I know you can with the media player and Slacker (IMO much better that Pandora)

3. The bluetooth gateway should work with any bluetooth phone that supports A2DP which the droid does. Also the droid supports AVRCP just in case you were wondering.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
1. Not that I know of but maybe somebody else could help on that. FYI, I have bluetooth in my Acura and Nissan and I can use the dialing feature in the car to make calls with my droid.

2. Not sure on Pandora but I know you can with the media player and Slacker (IMO much better that Pandora)

3. The bluetooth gateway should work with any bluetooth phone that supports A2DP which the droid does. Also the droid supports AVRCP just in case you were wondering.

Slacker has a much better music selection IMHO. They also have more skips.

Anyways not to take this thread off topic...

G

GenericMessage

1.) Not yet sadly. I have scoured the market looking for the app that will let me do so. So, I purchased the car dock, so the risk of accidents went down (plus its nifty).

2.) If its a STEREO bluetooth headset, YES!

3.) I sadly haven't found too many easy ways to do wireless content streaming, so I just bought a really nice 3.5mm to RCA cable for all my systems.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
1. Forget bluetooth DUN. Root your phone, and then you can wifi tether.
2. Yes, pandora streams over bluetooth fine.
3. Works fine

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
are you guys that are listening to music over the phone using a stereo bluetooth or a standard one? I am using a plantronics 925 which is obviously oriented for talking but I can't seem to get it to play music through it at all
I must be missing a step/setting?

Thanks for all the help

rip14- what does bluetooth DUN stand for? Thank you. I honestly don't need the wifi tethering in any fashion, I just want a way to press my bluetooth earpiece and say "Call john davies mobile" and have it dial for me. I would like to avoid a car dock and pressing the phone all the time in the car if possible (this is the only real thing I miss from the blackberry besides the total sound control options it had)

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I just installed slacker and it still does not stream to my earpiece. Thanks for the help guys, I hope its not because its just not a stereo unit!

I'll give slacker a try, i've been a pandora user for at least 3 years now so its hard for me to go against something that has treated me very well!

G

GenericMessage

are you guys that are listening to music over the phone using a stereo bluetooth or a standard one? I am using a plantronics 925 which is obviously oriented for talking but I can't seem to get it to play music through it at all
I must be missing a step/setting?

Thanks for all the help

rip14- what does bluetooth DUN stand for? Thank you. I honestly don't need the wifi tethering in any fashion, I just want a way to press my bluetooth earpiece and say "Call john davies mobile" and have it dial for me. I would like to avoid a car dock and pressing the phone all the time in the car if possible (this is the only real thing I miss from the blackberry besides the total sound control options it had)

Meant for TALKING not for MUSIC.
See the issue? It knows the head-set profiles and wont play a stereo song through a mono source. Your Plantronics isn't rated to play music, so therefore it doesn't! Very simple.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Go to your bluetooth setting menu and check that when your stereo headset pairs that it reads that it it paired for audio too and not just for phone.

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Meant for TALKING not for MUSIC.
See the issue? It knows the head-set profiles and wont play a stereo song through a mono source. Your Plantronics isn't rated to play music, so therefore it doesn't! Very simple.

Yes, I understand this but I don't agree with the approach but it is what it is.
I wish the droid would offer a similar bluetooth integration as the blackberry setup does, no problem streaming any audio over to a single ear bluetooth device with them. It also doesn't play from visual voice mail

Thank you for the input!

G

GenericMessage

Yes, I understand this but I don't agree with the approach but it is what it is.
I wish the droid would offer a similar bluetooth integration as the blackberry setup does, no problem streaming any audio over to a single ear bluetooth device with them. It also doesn't play from visual voice mail

Thank you for the input!

I agree, VV is extra and that is CRAP. Plus you cannot delete the app once placed on your phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty