Can you keep the screen active when in the car dock?

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I just got a new car (2010 Ford Fusion). Since it has bluetooth media capabilities I currently stream music and use nav from my phone to my car via bluetooth. However, I would like to still use my doc so it is easier to change tracks while driving and not have to enter my unlock pattern every time I want to do something with my phone.

Is there any way to keep the droid's screen active only while in the dock (and without hooking up a power cord, the idea is to be totally wireless here).

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
There may be other solutions to this, but how I solved the issue is purchasing the app "Setting Profiles" and made a profile to automatically turn brightness to 100%, keep screen active, activate bluetooth, and start pandora when inserted into the car dock

ebruot

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
If you have a car charger just plug it in and the screen stays on. If it doesn't, then go to settings>applications>development and click "Stay awake" option.:D

pastapapa50

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded the app Screeble Lite. You can put the Droid in the car dock and set it at an angle that Screeble recognizes to keep the screen lit. It is a worthy solution. I also use the Verizon clip and, with Screeble, can rest it sideways on my desk in dock mode using Dock Runner.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
If you have a car charger just plug it in and the screen stays on. If it doesn't, then go to settings>applications>development and click "Stay awake" option.:D
And you probably should be connecting a charger if you want the screen to stay on the entire time while in a car.

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well my drives aren't very long most of the time. I'll try some of the apps you guys mentioned and if I don't like those I"ll just charge it.

Just got caught up in the awesomeness of having everything wireless =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress