Memory Help!

SteveJobsLives

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys. I'm real new to this website so I was hoping you could help me.

I just bought my MOTOROLA FLIPSIDE just a few months ago. After installing my 2ND app, I began to receive errors about "Low Memory" For the past 3 Months Its been a struggle....but I've managed to get 2 more apps. (I have a few others on my SD card)

These apps are not HUGE filesizes except Flash Player.

I've Tried Memory Booster Pro, App 2 SD, Sandisk Memory Zone, and More.

I now have 9 megabytes left.....the Google Play Store GREATLY underestimates the size of an app on the page.

I can no longer install any new apps. I don't want to have to root. But if its the only way I guess I'll have to.

ANY suggestions that may increase my internal memory will be greatly appreciated! :D

gagdude

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

If you're still interested, this may help.

I'll say this immediately, rooting and installing a ROM is the greatest solution. My flipside is unbelievable and for me, I have no issues with internal memory. In fact, I have 20 apps installed, including Flash, Go Launcher EX (9.73 MB), Droid Razr Wallpapers (16.28 MB), Vlingo (7.1 MB), and Titanium Backup (7.36 MB). This is about 40 MB from just these 4 apps. However, I have 109 MBs free space available.

If you don't want to root, I think your best solution is to clear the cache and uninstall updates from the AT&T bloatware. Even then, you probably won't be able to get many apps.

Honestly, I don't see how you could have lived with only that few apps. :p
Rooting is extremely simple, through SuperOneClick. Then you have to install laidixin's CM7. Otherwise, removing the bloatware does not help the internal memory, as it is saved onto the system partition of the phone's 512 MB internal memory (which only 80 MB is available for apps. Stupid Moto).

Reactions: SteveJobsLives

SteveJobsLives

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestions. I have since moved on to a HTC amaze, that has great memory! Your information was a real help though!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non