Official area for screen complaints

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I've decided to start up a thread for screen complaints on the Triumph. My screen flickers nearly every time I turn on the device and I know that others have had issues of some sorts so post your problems here and we'll try to get some answers.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It also should be noted that when I went to Best Buy mobile today to do an exchange, I couldn't get the device to ' replicate the problem,' so they wouldn't give me a new one. Its just my luck. As soon as I got the phone back home, it started doing it every time...

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

baker39466

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have light that peeks through the bottom under the touch keys. Also I noticed something really weird. if i push the power button multiple times fast making the display go on and off. after about 6 times of doing it fast the display will turn white, and do get it back to normal i have to press the power button again. These are the only problems im having so far.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen as well about 3 times I would say. Otherwise I've just got the usual flicker.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
In the PhoneDog review of this device she talks about the screen having a blue tint. Just another to look for possibly. I'm wondering if the rumors were true and this device is actually made by Huawei for Motorola....

gimmi80

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
No flickering for me.
I'm positive for the white symptoms.
If I press the power button a couple off times quick the screen goes white.

baker39466

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
well in my opinion i think the phone is still in beta. When i purchased the op v it was near the release date and that phone had some major issues. Would not charge, touch screen wouldn't work, GPS wouldnt work. etc etc. I exchanged the op v 3 times and all 3 times i found an issue so I went and got a full refund and used my intercept for about 4 months then bought the op v again will no issues. I'm gonna exchange this phone later in the month a little before my 30 days is up, and see what happens.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
well in my opinion i think the phone is still in beta. When i purchased the op v it was near the release date and that phone had some major issues. Would not charge, touch screen wouldn't work, GPS wouldnt work. etc etc. I exchanged the op v 3 times and all 3 times i found an issue so I went and got a full refund and used my intercept for about 4 months then bought the op v again will no issues. I'm gonna exchange this phone later in the month a little before my 30 days is up, and see what happens.

The sad thing is that we spent $300 for a phone that has flaws. I realize that most Android phones have some type of flaws with them, but when you pay $300 outright for a phone, it should be top notch, prepaid or not. If the phone was still in beta, it should not have been released. I personally think that this is final product and some were just not made well. I'm going to keep going back to Best Buy until they agree to return/exchange mine.

baker39466

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100% if this phone was say like 150 dollars and it had these problems I wouldn't be so concerned right now, but 300 dollars!? and already noticing problems out of the box? C'mon motorola I know you guys can make good phones. I'm not ready to give up on it yet. I'm just going to wait untill shelves are restocked and exchange it in about 2 weeks. If the problem persists then I will get a full refund and go back to Op V.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100% if this phone was say like 150 dollars and it had these problems I wouldn't be so concerned right now, but 300 dollars!? and already noticing problems out of the box? C'mon motorola I know you guys can make good phones. I'm not ready to give up on it yet. I'm just going to wait untill shelves are restocked and exchange it in about 2 weeks. If the problem persists then I will get a full refund and go back to Op V.

I agree with you as well as far as the price, but I've never been one to wait on returning things if I see a bunch of issues out of the box. The rule of thumb is the longer you wait, the more of a hassle you're going to have returning it. Also, I considered the fact that Motorola might push out a software update for it to fix it, but the more I think about it, the less and less likely it becomes. I'm also just starting to believe that this phone was indeed not made by Moto and might have been made by Huawei after all. The build quality is generally poor and not really on par with what Moto usually produces. The whole situation in general is just dissatisfying...

baker39466

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Well the reason I said 2 weeks is because I tried to exchange it today, but was already sold out EVERY where lol. So no telling when shelves will be stocked again, and how long they will be stocked. Because the Op V went through the 'out of stock' thing too when it was released. I'd be much happier if i could exchange it tomorrow or the next day, but not getting my hopes up.

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My problems is that the screen stop working sometimes i have to lock it then unlock it to get it to work. I hard to press things sometimes.

santino405

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm also suffering from the screen flickering and white screen issue. Do you guys think this is a driver issue or a hardware defect? seems like a high % of people are experiencing this.

lowbo

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone experience the notification task bar dropping or blinking on to the screen when using applications? Mine MT does it randomly, and it only for half a second...

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who are still wondering whether the Triumph is a re-labeled Huawei; This has been addressed in many reviews, as well as researched and presented in the forums. The answer appears to be "YES". That is not to say it is a good or bad phone. Just that it appears it is NOT a phone manufactured by Motorola.

I am not going to attempt to cite sources. Frankly, there have been so many that it comes as somewhat of a surprise this is still a matter of discussion.

Do a Web search for "Motorola Triumph" reviews.

Cbill

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who are still wondering whether the Triumph is a re-labeled Huawei; This has been addressed in many reviews, as well as researched and presented in the forums. The answer appears to be "YES". That is not to say it is a good or bad phone. Just that it appears it is NOT a phone manufactured by Motorola.

I am not going to attempt to cite sources. Frankly, there have been so many that it comes as somewhat of a surprise this is still a matter of discussion.

Cbill

That is exactly what I was thinking!!! do you guys really not know your phone was not made nor designed by Motorola!

Your "Motorola" Triumphs are sold as x6 in china & MI-410 in india in GSM form.

Motorola put a cdma radio in it. I made a post about it a long time ago in this forum. (many of you laughed at me)..... After I did much research on these two phones I found many problems, just as many of you are having, that is why I decided to "wait and see" before I jumped on it, kinda glad I did ......

here are a few links to your phones if some of you still don't believe....

Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - Full phone specifications

‪spice mi410‬‏ - YouTube

Read the replies/comments/complaints on these two links, looks a lot like the Triumph complaints to me.....

Last edited:

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Triumph looks just like my OG Droid minus the slider, I wouldn't doubt if Huawei copied the design of the Droid but with as many mergers these days no one really knows who's designs are original anymore.

EmilVee

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Cbill

How convenient. "Not going to attempt to cite sources"? So you have no proof to backup your claim, making your point moot & useless. You have no evidence that's not complete speculation.

Also, what reviews have you been reading? What reliable sources have addressed this in a review besides your pet goldfish?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol, love it. I have heard nothing that confirms that it was made by Huawei, but it does look an awful lot like the X6. There are some striking differences, however. Mainly some if the design. Either way, who cares anyways? Aside from some of the bugs already reported, we've got a great phone on a dirt cheap carrier.

Sent from my Moto Triumph

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a light leak in the bottom right corner and I think the LCD is scuffed under my glass. Only noticeable when the screen is on, but black so its pretty minor. Also, if you are having sensitivity issues, pull off the included protector. I needed a razor to start it and a pliers to pull its off, but it helped immensely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez