Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chowderdick
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default charger disconnected message

    how do you get rid of that stupid message telling you to unplug your charger everyt ^&*% time the you unplug the phone??? Maybe the 1st 3 or 4 dozen times it was okay, but at this point i've figured it out and it's annoying.

    Currently on Apex 2.0 RC1, last ROM that didn't have it was Liberty, and i might switch back if i can't get rid of it.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Samsung Series 5 Chromebook
  2. #2  

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    Mine flashes on screen for a second or two, then goes away by itself. I don't see it as anything I would call annoying. Are you saying that your messages stays there?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    no, it's only there for a few seconds....i just find it pointless and annoying. My car dock is semi-permenantly wired into my car's electirical system and the media dock is sititng on my night stand and plugged in behind my bed where i can't reach it, so no, i'm not going to pull out my bed every morning to save $0.03 on my electrical bill.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Samsung Series 5 Chromebook
  4. #4  
    jerseyboy357's Avatar

    Posts
    1,465 Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    Just like in gaming, how many times to do I need to be asked if Im sure I want to overwrite data to save, why else would I be saving? Anyway I feel your pain OP and yes, Liberty had a plus for me cuz it didnt give me a message. Neither does cm7.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
  5. #5  
    JkdJedi's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    2,106 Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer033 View Post
    how do you get rid of that stupid message telling you to unplug your charger everyt ^&*% time the you unplug the phone??? Maybe the 1st 3 or 4 dozen times it was okay, but at this point i've figured it out and it's annoying.

    Currently on Apex 2.0 RC1, last ROM that didn't have it was Liberty, and i might switch back if i can't get rid of it.
    Lol!! Complaining about this is like saying I don't like cows that MOO..
    LOL..you made my day..ha ha ha



    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    not really....Cows Moo because that's just what they do. Android on its on doesn't have that message, it's just something added by motorola, so i'd rather not see it.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Samsung Series 5 Chromebook
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer033 View Post
    how do you get rid of that stupid message telling you to unplug your charger everyt ^&*% time the you unplug the phone??? Maybe the 1st 3 or 4 dozen times it was okay, but at this point i've figured it out and it's annoying.

    Currently on Apex 2.0 RC1, last ROM that didn't have it was Liberty, and i might switch back if i can't get rid of it.
    simply freeze/ rename global unplugged.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. #8  
    Cigar-Junkie's Avatar

    Posts
    551 Posts
    Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    This is a real pain for me too, at one point it would freeze on the screen and block the display. What bugs me the most is that the energy consumption of the charger is almost nothing. For that matter, if it was a real problem they could design a charger that shut down when the phone was unplugged. That would be really green instead of appearing feel good green. We all know that 99.9% of us leave our chargers plugged in anyway. I let my car run with the air conditioning for an extra 10 seconds while I wait for the display to clear just to get back to using my phone again. Wait, I am going to leave the flood lights on all day too, just to get even.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  9. #9  
    mhans311's Avatar

    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    I'm really surprised this even annoys anyone. I barely even notice it. It is there for maybe 1-2 seconds. It might annoy me if it sat on the screen for a while, but 1-2 seconds is hardly noticeable.
  10. #10  
    Cigar-Junkie's Avatar

    Posts
    551 Posts
    Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I might add that it, the unplug to be green message, conveniently always covers the caller ID screen when you unplug to answer the phone.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default

    It bugged me only because I don't like the political message.

    [tapatalk - shadow]
  12. #12  

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    I find it very annoying too. Instead of people questioning why just post an answer if you have it ...otherwise stfu. Many know of the charging port becoming loose, well this coupled with a need to use the phone while connected to a charge due to a low battery can result in a truly horrible experiences with the the message continually popping on and off several times a minute....so yes people can have a good reason to want to do this regardless of your user exsprience!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    Quote Originally Posted by supascience View Post
    I find it very annoying too. Instead of people questioning why just post an answer if you have it ...otherwise stfu. Many know of the charging port becoming loose, well this coupled with a need to use the phone while connected to a charge due to a low battery can result in a truly horrible experiences with the the message continually popping on and off several times a minute....so yes people can have a good reason to want to do this regardless of your user exsprience!
    As stated above:

    simply freeze or rename: global unplugged
  14. #14  
    cac3's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    How do we do this?
  15. #15  

    Angry Re: charger disconnected message

    Why the hell are there so many morons replying that they don't see the problem with the message... IF YOU DON'T MIND IT THEN WHY ARE YOU LEAVING A REPLY?!?!?

    My god, people are dumb.

    I have a lousy charger connection, and when I use the phone while it is plugged in, I constantly get this message... it's ponderously annoying.

    And the guy who keeps replying "simply freeze/ rename global unplugged" - give me a break.... maybe you and ten other people on the planet know how to do this... be helpful, not annoying.

    MORONS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
    bob obob likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    Thanks for saying what I felt. Now I don't need to be "the bad guy"

    So ... anyone care to share a NON-root solution?
    VZW Droid X.
    I use a supplemental battery when I'm out for my exercise walks, and unless it's totally topped up (which only lasts half an hour) this pop-up is constant. And By constant I mean there is never even one full second when it's not on screen. I've read it, I know what it says and what it means, and it's totally unnecessary for me to EVER see it again.


    Quote Originally Posted by chowderdick View Post
    Why the hell are there so many morons replying that they don't see the problem with the message... IF YOU DON'T MIND IT THEN WHY ARE YOU LEAVING A REPLY?!?!?

    My god, people are dumb.

    I have a lousy charger connection, and when I use the phone while it is plugged in, I constantly get this message... it's ponderously annoying.

    And the guy who keeps replying "simply freeze/ rename global unplugged" - give me a break.... maybe you and ten other people on the planet know how to do this... be helpful, not annoying.

    MORONS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: charger disconnected message

    it can't be removed, without rooting
    that's what rooting is for
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

Posting Permissions

B