FC nightmare!

Olsen

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have searched until my eyes bled and found nothing useful on this, so I'll break down and ask for help.

About Phone:

DROID X

GB kernel (.602)

MIUI ROM v.1.10.28

So today I was messing around with the toggles in the pulldown (Menu>settings>toggle settings>customize toggles). I clicked the "network type" toggle, and all hell broke loose. Regardless of selection, I get "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly, please try again" Force Close. Unless I quickly switch to airplane mode, the FC notification pops up constantly (like less than a second apart). I can't use my phone for anything. I have tried fixing permissions and wiping cache with no results. In my searching, I found others that have had to .sbf and start from scratch. This would be fine, except for the fact that I don't have a current backup (d'oh!).

My questions are twofold:

1. If I backup now, will the FC problem be backed up as well?

2. Is there a workaround that I haven't been able to find?

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...:'(

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have searched until my eyes bled and found nothing useful on this, so I'll break down and ask for help.

About Phone:

DROID X

GB kernel (.602)

MIUI ROM v.1.10.28

So today I was messing around with the toggles in the pulldown (Menu>settings>toggle settings>customize toggles). I clicked the "network type" toggle, and all hell broke loose. Regardless of selection, I get "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly, please try again" Force Close. Unless I quickly switch to airplane mode, the FC notification pops up constantly (like less than a second apart). I can't use my phone for anything. I have tried fixing permissions and wiping cache with no results. In my searching, I found others that have had to .sbf and start from scratch. This would be fine, except for the fact that I don't have a current backup (d'oh!).

My questions are twofold:

1. If I backup now, will the FC problem be backed up as well?

2. Is there a workaround that I haven't been able to find?

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...:'(

Just flash the MIUI Rom again (over waht you have now) and don't touch the network toggle after the flash. This build was pulled by the developer (probably for that very reason) If you don't touch that setting all should be good. :)

Olsen

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Tried.....and failed. Looks like i'm going to have to bite the bullet and start over. This always happens right after I get my phone set up just the way I like it!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Tried.....and failed. Looks like i'm going to have to bite the bullet and start over. This always happens right after I get my phone set up just the way I like it!

Welcome to Android. :)

Sent from the future on my Galaxy Nexus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87