New to flashing ROMs & need advice / have a few questions...

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No problem happy to help, glad you got root, lets know how the ROM flashing goes!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well the ROM flashing is going good so far as of right now I am running VorteX RC1 with the organge river theme. I am loving VorteX so far because it is much quicker than stock. For example, when I would go into my app's it would take a little while to load all of them before I could scroll down, but with VorteX it is instant!

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Well the ROM flashing is going good so far as of right now I am running VorteX RC1 with the organge river theme. I am loving VorteX so far because it is much quicker than stock. For example, when I would go into my app's it would take a little while to load all of them before I could scroll down, but with VorteX it is instant!

The custom ROM's these devs build are always better than what comes on the phone. Its really one of, if not the best things about Android in my opinion, glad to hear you're having fun with them and haven't had any issues. People usually only have issues when they don't pay attention or don't follow instruction. Flashing these ROM's and themes becomes an addiction real fast! :D

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can retrieve your contacts backed up with verizon's backup assistant? I have my apps backed up with titanium and when I ran the vortex rom all of my contacts were taken off the phone. I was able to recover the contacts backed up through google, but I really would like to get them back from verizon. I tried going online to my verizon account, but I am on a family plan and am not the primary line so I couldn't access it that way. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Update: Found a fix for my contacts. Had to setup my own verizon account. Oh well, not real sure why I didn't think about that before lol.

Last edited:

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The custom ROM's these devs build are always better than what comes on the phone. Its really one of, if not the best things about Android in my opinion, glad to hear you're having fun with them and haven't had any issues. People usually only have issues when they don't pay attention or don't follow instruction. Flashing these ROM's and themes becomes an addiction real fast! :D

PappaFloyd, do you have any experience with MIUI? I am thinking about giving it a try, but am a little confused by all the different versions. And if I did would I need to sbf back to stock .602 or could I just wipe everything and flash the rom?

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
PappaFloyd, do you have any experience with MIUI? I am thinking about giving it a try, but am a little confused by all the different versions. And if I did would I need to sbf back to stock .602 or could I just wipe everything and flash the rom?

I have never tried MIUI, I know RootzWiki has a nice detailed MIUI thread. From what I have read either people love or hate it, I don't hate it but I'm not looking to try it any time soon. :cool:

Reactions: evolefty

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ive been with MIUI since late 2010.
You should start with your base as .602 before flashing.
There are a few variants
Pure MIUI by wizard
ICS/MIUI by Galnet via beanstown106
Encounter ICS(CM)
Pure ICS MIUI which is in the works as an alpha
CM9 Beta ICS

As a starter I would try WIzards pure MIUI/DefyX build just to get a feel for the ROM and its near limitless customization's and add on mods. Once you're more in the know you can jump into tester and beta builds.

Reactions: evolefty

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the info. I have been on the fence about MIUI, but just couldn't figure out where and how to start because of all the new changes. I also hate to sbf because I have only done it one time and got stuck in a bootloop, but was able to get it out. I am still going to do a little more research into the rom before I pull the trigger. I am also checking out an app called bootmanager that essentially you can have multiple roms on the sd card at one time which enables you to switch back and forth between different roms. I really like that idea of not having to redo everything!