Vanilla Android Apps???

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has tried installing the stock apps from the Vanilla Android to replace Motoblur? Does anyone have the App folder with the APK files from a stock Nexus or Droid 1 so this can be tried?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Getting vanilla android apps would simply be apps; they would not disable philblur. Do you that, you would need to flash a custom rom, which not possible as of yet on the x due to the bootloader being locked down

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With the Droid X rooted you can uninstall MotoBlur components I am just wanting to replace the ones that I uninstall with the Vanilla Versions...

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Is it safe to remove those components though? I would think something so heavily built into the UI would not let philblur function properly if they were uninstalled

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
dont care about blur wont it gone... if you remove it all then its all gone and if you install the original vanilla apps it should use those instead if they didnt completely screw up the code anyway... I know if you put Launcher Pro on you dont have to worry about Blur but it is still there in the contacts and everything else... I just want vanilla....

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the 3D gallery got that last week but not uninstalling the regular Gallery on the DX because the pic quality in the 3D gallery isn't as good as the DX Stock Gallery... but I just want the whole app folder... Can someone post it...

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
If you root, and start deleting any of the components with "blur" any where in them, you will run the risk of bricking your phone. If you want vanilla Android, get a Nexus, D1 or wait for the bootloader work around and a vanilla ROM.

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on D life site but I looked at these apps and its just the Google apps Im looking for the Phone, Contacts and main launcher for vanilla...

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an update on this guys blatant disregard of warnings that he may brick his phone? Best 30 second drama this side of youtube.

Tzvi

Jul 24, 2010
www.cire.com
Personally, I wouldn't mind having the Vanilla contacts app. I don't need all my Facebook friends added into the mix.

Of course, I will NOT be uninstalling the Blur version. I would just like to have the other to use as a contact list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non