flashing back to 2.1

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
i tried flashing back to 2.1 with the rsdlite app this does not work for some reason my phone doesnt respond to the usb at all when plugged in. so i did a full wipe and now my phone will not boot up at all it just goes to the moto logo i cant get it to do anything now

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
ok i got it back up restored but still 2.2 froyo the 4.7 rsdlite and the 4.6 drivers did not work i moved the ini file into the moto rsd folder i put phone in bootloader then plugged into to usb and nothing it didnt even find my phone good new is i got my screen lock back lol

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
my expierence so far

so far, i've rooted 2.1, then flashed 2.2. using rsdlite, i moved .ini file to correct folder(overwrite current file there) close all programs, put phone into bootloader, connect phone via usb, open rsdlite, find .sbf file and open within rsdlite, hit run, when finished, the phone will continue to reboot or "loop" on the droid eye, key to this is go into recovery and wipe catch and do a factory reset. this will take a little bit to boot up but when i does, it will be just like when u first got the phone(assuming u bought the phone new)

i've just done all this in the last 10 min. to see if it does work and in fact it does. i'm using Windows Vista 32x Business edition.

again, do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.

i'm just verifying that this method to flash 2.2 and go back to 2.1 DOES WORK.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
yeah ok i worked i got it damm thought i was stuck there. i went back to 2.1 just to see if i could now back at 2.2 one question after i move the ini file into the rsd folder do i have to do it everytime i go back or is it a one time thing then its done?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah ok i worked i got it damm thought i was stuck there. i went back to 2.1 just to see if i could now back at 2.2 one question after i move the ini file into the rsd folder do i have to do it everytime i go back or is it a one time thing then its done?

Im pretty sure this is a one time deal hear bc u overwrite the current file so I really don't see why you would have to do it every time.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever get your PC to recognize your DX through RSDLite? If not, try putting your phone in "PC Mode" by pluggng your phone into a usb port on your pc (with no other programs open.). pull down the notifications bar on your DX and select the USB application. In there, change the USB mode to "PC". once you do that, your pc will recognize the DX and will start installing drivers automatically! Once that process is complete, you should be able to use RSDLite to reflash back to 2.1. good luck; I hope this helps.