Rooted droid x official 2.2 what do i do next

B_Wat

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I finally got brave an rooted my x with the instructions on droid life and it was easier than i imagined so now im wondering what can i do now im open to anything just need some direction sorry for being such a noob

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Grab setcpu, even if you can't overclock you can use profiles to help you save some battery life. Wireless tether is great too.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much the main reason to root is wireless tether. Then you can get adfree, possibly autostarts and drocap2. This is my opinion of course, you can get into the roms and change all sorts of things as well.

insuranceguy

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What is the name of the best wireless (FREE) tethering app in the market place to use with a rooted 2.2 X? Oh yeah..........and once rooted, arent you suppose to be able to delete all the bloatware? If so how?

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow I rooted mine, renamed the crap I don't want, got a huge improvement in my quadrant (from 1242 to 1394 instantly), and it's noticeably faster to boot- even the unlock screen is smooth now. Got wireless tether going on and my cache cleaner. Awesome!
Now which cpu clocker is best, especially for under? Is setcpu pretty much the gold standard?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
anyone know of a video out there showing step by step on rooting i did the 1 click (easy root) didnt unroot before updating d'oh I have limited computer knowledge but im not dumb lol ive messed with bb's but i got alot of help from lyricidal ( i donate :) )

Red261

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Wireless tether works great!
Are there any roms that work with the 2.2 ota yet? I have tried to get the blackbar rom to work but my phone only reboots with nothing changed.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow I rooted mine, renamed the crap I don't want, got a huge improvement in my quadrant (from 1242 to 1394 instantly), and it's noticeably faster to boot- even the unlock screen is smooth now. Got wireless tether going on and my cache cleaner. Awesome!
Now which cpu clocker is best, especially for under? Is setcpu pretty much the gold standard?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I can't speak about any others, but SetCPU is solid as a rock. AutoKiller is also a great app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco24