2.2 sbf is here...

We_Ready

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
ahhhhh.....i'm at work right now, hopefully it's still up when I get home. If not, maybe one of you nice people will share a link with me :eek:

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yep, good ol' Websense foiling my plans as well. Wonder what the chances are I can actually get this downloaded to the phone through 3G.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the thread over at XDA concerning this news/leak as been taken down:-( as tweeted by P3Droid. It is still up at My Droid World.

Get this dl while you can. Might not be up for long.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Wife being home on maternity leave is a plus. Just had her dl it :)

She also renamed it tomsverizonthing. Will that be an issue.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sensatti

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The 2.2 sbf file was pushed to vzw retail stores' product support computers on Tuesday with the exact same file size so I'm sure someone just snagged it off one of those hard drives and it should be legit.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That link is to a 1.2MB executable called Downloader.exe that has a bomb with what looks like a Motorola logo on it as an icon.

Yes. That's correct and it's downloadable through there. They made this for the 2.1 sbf also just in case the links all got pulled due to a C&D.

sent from my ApeX

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Interesting I have had some trouble d/l large zip files with the stock browser but seem to be having no issues d/l this 435MB .sbf file :cool:

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
TBH reports dl's at 637 during the past 3 hrs. Interesting figure. You know, I was thinking, Moto may not care now..given they are preparing an update to fix issues with 2.2 Plus, the rumor that 3.0 will be released by end of year, which isn't all that far off.
For those with bricked phones, tho...this is a very welcome arrival:)

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
TBH reports dl's at 637 during the past 3 hrs. Interesting figure. You know, I was thinking, Moto may not care now..given they are preparing an update to fix issues with 2.2 Plus, the rumor that 3.0 will be released by end of year, which isn't all that far off.
For those with bricked phones, tho...this is a very welcome arrival:)

There is no way 3.0 arrives on existing Moto devices until March of next year at the earliest. Look how long it took them to go from 2.1 to 2.2. The 3.0 tools haven't even been released by Google yet.

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to get a link to the direct download? I mean, the downloader is nice, but I haven't owned a windows machine in ages.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick/dumb question - I just download this to my PC and keep it "just in case", right?

I ask because I just did a successful unbrick using the 2.1 sbf method at the sticky in this forum. It went great, but damn did I have to do a lot of reinstalls (2.1 to ROM Manager 2.3.9 to TBH 2.3.15 Deodexed, etc). With this I can just use the new 2.2 sbf and flash it via USB using RSD Lite if I have to unbrick again, yes?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Quick/dumb question - I just download this to my PC and keep it "just in case", right?

I ask because I just did a successful unbrick using the 2.1 sbf method at the sticky in this forum. It went great, but damn did I have to do a lot of reinstalls (2.1 to ROM Manager 2.3.9 to TBH 2.3.15 Deodexed, etc). With this I can just use the new 2.2 sbf and flash it via USB using RSD Lite if I have to unbrick again, yes?

This is correct but if you want to start themeing again, you'd have to download a ROM that deodexes your system first or you'd have to manually deodex.

Reactions: Bald Steve