2.2 sbf is here...

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a pretty stupid question. I have dL both the 2.3.13 system only , the .604 sbf , and they both came in a zip file that i could unzip to C. this file came in a way that i cant open it without some other sort of program. How do i open this file ? I used the megaupload to DL it. Also i DL the file AVL had , the direct download , but havent extracted the Droid x files out of it . I have RSD lite already , so do i only need to extract the DroidX files and Droid X C&D this? or what?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a pretty stupid question. I have dL both the 2.3.13 system only , the .604 sbf , and they both came in a zip file that i could unzip to C. this file came in a way that i cant open it without some other sort of program. How do i open this file ? I used the megaupload to DL it. Also i DL the file AVL had , the direct download , but havent extracted the Droid x files out of it . I have RSD lite already , so do i only need to extract the DroidX files and Droid X C&D this? or what?

Have you upgraded to the OTA?

If so, you might as well delete the older (604) sbf and there's no need for the OTA system-only sbf anymore.

If you haven't upgraded to the OTA then you can keep them all, depending on what you want to do.

To use the sbf, open RSDLite 4.8 (for the newest sbf) and browse to wherever your sbf file is and then run it.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Have you upgraded to the OTA?

If so, you might as well delete the older (604) sbf and there's no need for the OTA system-only sbf anymore.

If you haven't upgraded to the OTA then you can keep them all, depending on what you want to do.

To use the sbf, open RSDLite 4.8 (for the newest sbf) and browse to wherever your sbf file is and then run it.

Yes , i have performed the OTA , i have been successful with sbf before when i was on 2.1 , just had a question about the DL , i had to move it to a Zip . But all is good from here . thank you .

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did MyDroidWorld's links not work for you? Worked fine for me.

I cant seem to get the file to complete download, download keep stopping, guess the site getting hammered. Ill try later, hope it doesn't get before I can get it down.

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I cant seem to get the file to complete download, download keep stopping, guess the site getting hammered. Ill try later, hope it doesn't get before I can get it down.

Don't worry so many of us have it if it ever went missing someone will load it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We_Ready

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
would someone please tell exactly what this will do? I am running 2.2 OTA and I have rooted using the "one click" method. Will running this take me back to 2.2 OTA factory state?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
would someone please tell exactly what this will do? I am running 2.2 OTA and I have rooted using the "one click" method. Will running this take me back to 2.2 OTA factory state?

This is what's used by Verizon to fix your phone. If your into flashing roms and stuff and mess your phone up u can flash back to stock 2.2. So yes if you use this it will return you to stock and should delete everything from your phone.

homer_atl

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is what's used by Verizon to fix your phone. If your into flashing roms and stuff and mess your phone up u can flash back to stock 2.2. So yes if you use this it will return you to stock and should delete everything from your phone.

i understand it will remove all the files, but will it also "unroot" if u are rooted? do i need to uninstall anything prior to flashing (i.e. root programs like superuser or root explorer)

thanks...

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
i understand it will remove all the files, but will it also "unroot" if u are rooted? do i need to uninstall anything prior to flashing (i.e. root programs like superuser or root explorer)

thanks...

It will unroot no need to delete anything. Your phone will just like it came out of the box with 2.2

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
hold on...p3 droid tweeted he bricked an x today .
He said it could not be recovered without "extreme measures".
Not sure what that means...but it doesn't sound like a simple 2.2 sbf action.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
if you screw up something in the bootloader then you probably can't sbf back.
you have to have a certain amount of code working correctly to provide you a platform to SBF.

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
P3Droid bricked his phone in the process of trying to attack the bootloader encryption. I for one am glad that someone is still working on this...

Iven88

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So i have a Droid X that bricked today. It only loads up with bootloader after the battery is put in and/or charger. it says "bootloader 30.03" "code corrupt" and flashing "battery low" "cannot program" .... can sbf cure this... or am i totaly screwed?

I was trying to load the rubiX and it froze while updating in recovery. i pulled the battery. then it got stuck in the boot M logo loop. i did the new sbf recovery on it but it got stuck in SW update in progress. pulled the battery then again, and now i'm here.

... any help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays