Question on ROMS cant find the answer?

XxXxX

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the OTA 2.2 Froyo on the X. I rooted using 1 click method. I then went and changed .apk file to .bak to hide programs i did not want. So here is my question i cant find. If i run a backup thru rom manager and have to flash back to the original rom will there be a issues since some programs are hidden, or do i need to change all .bak files back to .apk. I also have the FULL SBF 2.2 file just incase.

So can i just flash a new rom and in the worst case just run the FULL SBF 2.2 and start over from the beginning right. Thanks

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
If it bricks the sbf will take you back to stock. No root and will loose everything like if you were to wipe. As far as making a backup im not sure if you flash back it would mess up. The file name problem comes when you were going from 2.1 to 2.2. When you flash a rom they have different files so I don't see an issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: XxXxX

XxXxX

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So is running a different rom better then rooting your phone and removing the programs u dont want???

Last edited:

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
So is running a different rom better then rooting your phone and removing the programs u dont want???

IMO FlyX is a great ROM . I have FlyX on my OTA2.2 and it got rid of most of the blur . I then Put a theme on it to make it look smooth , then i used titanium backup to freeze all of the apps i didnt want to see in my drawer . My phone is fast , looks great , and very snappy.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Same here with flyX and some nods like black keyboard, gallery and notification bar. If you use launcherpro u can hide apps you don't want to see.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer