Question Regarding The Metamorph App

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I'm trying to install the glass theme on my phone. I'm doing everything right until I get up to step 7 on the following link.

How to use MetaMorph in 10 easy steps

I hit unzip/extract new theme, then I hit GlassTheme, but then I get up to the step where You will see a screen that has lots of folders. We're told DO NOT SELECT THE FOLDERS! Select the one file that has the Metamorph logo next to it. I cannot find the file with the Metamorph logo next to it. What do I select??

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My guess would be that the theme was not made for the DroidX and wont work on it. If you want to use MM head over to droidpirate.com and check out what he has for the X. Another thing is your phone has to be de-odexed to be able to do things like this. The easiest way to do this is to use 928droid's black glass deodexer theme or his deodexer zip. 928Droid Themes for - Droid 1-? Droid 2 - Droid X . The black glass is a very nice, complete theme that looks amazing as long as you have all of your stock apps.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My guess would be that the theme was not made for the DroidX and wont work on it. If you want to use MM head over to droidpirate.com and check out what he has for the X. Another thing is your phone has to be de-odexed to be able to do things like this. The easiest way to do this is to use 928droid's black glass deodexer theme or his deodexer zip. 928Droid Themes for - Droid 1-* Droid 2 - Droid X . The black glass is a very nice, complete theme that looks amazing as long as you have all of your stock apps.

Sounds good...I'll try this out.

As a side note, is Metamorph kinda pointless for the X at this point with the limited amount of available X themes out there?

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
No not really, but you might change some other things that you dont want to change. Lately I have been using Ninja Morph to change images and that is all that gets changed. I used a lot of the status bar icons in the past from droid pirate, most worked but some did not, namely the usb icons, and since have learned how to use NM. A good tutorial can be found here
Fission 2.1 final - Page 2 - Android Forums
Scroll down to Airmaxx23 describing how to change the battery icon, and basically the same procedure for other images.

Reactions: miamifin33