Download the Official Droid X 2.3.340 OTA Here

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Help!

Use the computer or get astro file manager from the market and move it.

I tired this but the option to move the file to the ROOT folder is not working? Gives me no option to paste or move the file once i get to the ROOT folder. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So... this sounds like a dumb question but how do i move/copy the file to my sd card? i longpressed on it and hit copy but cant find out how to choose my sd card... HELP!!!

ooltewahvol

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Update installed and was able to root with Z4 afterward. So far, so good and all of my superuser access was granted. Running stock ROM and overclocked to 1.2ghz.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a bad DL and received the "could not verify signature" error. I deleted it and downloaded from the link on page four and it went flawlessly.

To answer above, once you find the update.zip, you must long press it to get "edit" - "move", then navigate to sdcard, then you will see a "paste" command. Select that. Its located on the top bar of astro.

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a bad DL and received the "could not verify signature" error. I deleted it and downloaded from the link on page four and it went flawlessly.

To answer above, once you find the update.zip, you must long press it to get "edit" - "move", then navigate to sdcard, then you will see a "paste" command. Select that. Its located on the top bar of astro.

Paste into which folder? /Root folder...if so there is no option to do this.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
There is no folder named root. Root just means the highest level of the SD card, aka not in a folder. Just paste it in with all the other crap in your SD card and some how it finds it, as long as it isn't in another folder other than the Root (highest level) of the SD card.

Reactions: papadonna

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
There is no folder named root. Root just means the highest level of the SD card, aka not in a folder. Just paste it in with all the other crap in your SD card and some how it finds it.

Gotcha!

It works now once I took it out of the download folder on the sdcard.

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The update.zip should have been hosted within minutes of it being DL. We need to be a bit more prepared next time to get it out quicker. Thanks OP. Why wouldn't Moto or Verizon just host a file? Afraid of instructing people to boot into recovery? We aren't children and this is my phone!

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Keep going up till you see SD card. Select SD card then hit paste.

You want /SDCard/update.zip

Not /SDcard/acct/update.zip
Or /SDcard/Android/update.zip

Reactions: LdotAdot13

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I still can't get through to any of these links...sux. I'm just gonna wait for the update to get pushed to my phone. Shouldn't be too much longer...I hope.