Audio over HDMI

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to just play audio over HDMI? I have found very little info on this on the web. I would like to use my Power Amp app to play music over the mini HDMI port. From what I have read the only way to trigger the HDMI port is via the Gallery. Is this true? If so is there a way around it?

Update - Well it appears I found my answer http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715004&highlight=HDMI

Motorola really knows how to burn my @$$!! A company who makes such great hardware places all their efforts into locking down the devices and inhibiting the true potential. Rock on Moto!!

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to just play audio over HDMI? I have found very little info on this on the web. I would like to use my Power Amp app to play music over the mini HDMI port. From what I have read the only way to trigger the HDMI port is via the Gallery. Is this true? If so is there a way around it?

Update - Well it appears I found my answer controlling HDMI - xda-developers

Motorola really knows how to burn my @$$!! A company who makes such great hardware places all their efforts into locking down the devices and inhibiting the true potential. Rock on Moto!!

You can install Real HDMI app from market..

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
That's nice, anything for the Droid X? I think that's what this thread was aimed at.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
^^ Is there a difference with some phones HDMI connection?

If so, I haven't found a video, or thread on your phone.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
^^ Is there a difference with some phones HDMI connection?

If so, I haven't found a video, or thread on your phone.

It appears that Motorola's HDMI is locked to the library only. If that's the same for the EVO then i guess there's no difference. Thanks for the links!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall