Apex ROM, some issues I've noticed

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have Apex 1.3.0 and I'm consistantly noticing issues.

1. My Google maps will cause my device to kernel panic and reboot.(basically freezes up and reboots)

2. My Gallery is wigging out.. my images shrink/expand while I'm viewing them and it's constantly moving left/right on it's own.

3. Sometimes after I unplug the device from the computer after having mounted it, it'll kernel panic and reboot.

anyone else notice this?

This is all specific to Apex.. the ROM before didn't do this.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I can always just use root explorer and rename the .apk and the .bak

much easier..

however, that doesn't solve the freezing of Maps and the random rebooting when unplugging from a mounted device.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 1.30 and have not seen any of those issues. I would guess that you've got some kind of software conflict, or something got a little goofed up when you installed the ROM. I know that some people have had reboot issues with LP lately. If you happen to be using that launcher, you could always try out ADW.

I guess if my phone was doing this, I'd probably try installing the latest 1.31 apex and see if that fixes stuff. You don't have to wipe when going from 1.30 to 1.31, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't. A good cleaning might get you phone set straight.

Also, If you happened to have made a nandroid backup of your stock .340, before installing any ROM, you might want to try switching back to that for a a day or two and see if everything works as it should.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to have so much MicroSD card fragmentation(like a fragmented hard disk) that it causes slowdowns, cache reading/loading issues etc?

Anyone attempt to defrag their SD card? This card is the one I've had through 4 Android devices. a Moto Droid, Droid Inc, Dell Streak and now a DroidX..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress