Rooting Questions

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, my first time posting... I've looked at some of the rooting stickies and if I'm posting a question that's already been answered, my apologies in advance! I just want to make sure that the rooting instructions on this forum still apply for the latest version from Verizon, since I know the post was made awhile ago.

I have a couple concerns about rooting. Mostly I'm terrified that I'm somehow going to brick my phone, since getting a new one anytime soon won't be feasible. I really wanted to know if you all think it's definitely worth doing. I'd love to flash a custom ROM as well-do you all notice that it's a significant speed upgrade over stock? I've noticed people posting about how their 3D games (ie Dungeon Defenders) run better with root. Somewhat related: I know many of you overclock, but the X gets so hot already! I'm worried it won't be stable.

Sorry for writing a book! I'm new to Android and loving it so far, but obviously have many questions. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I decided to be brave and root. I flashed Liberty 1.5 and installed the Gingerbread theme - am really loving it so far! I'm still a little worried that if I overclock my phone it will explode. How can I make sure it's stable? I know with my palm when I overclocked it, it would have either shut off or given me a warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress