My first ROM ...

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So after ensuring everything was backed up properly, I downloaded Liberty 1.5. Checked the Checksum of the file against the author's posting, just to triple check authenticity. Followed instructions to the letter, and it went extremely well. Just to test, I rolled back to my original ROM, then rolled back to Liberty.

So far, my only complaint, and it will seem silly to most, is the signature editor for the email app. No where to to adjust font size, color, bold, italics, etc. Again, for most, not a big deal, but using my email for work, having that work based, custom signature is kind of a big deal.

I mostly wanted Liberty for some of the themes, look and feel, etc. I guess I could accomplish some of that without a custom ROM at all.

However I digress ... I guess I will try a different ROM next to see if I can regain the control over the signature, else I will return to stock ... maybe. 1am is too late to tinker with ROMs I think!! LOL!

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a different email app?

If you're going to try a different ROM give ApeX a shot, plenty of themes out there for it. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Rubix too.

Reactions: knightsseven

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think I will look at a few email apps today. After finally getting a little sleep, the signature isn't as big a deal as I was thinking last night. Email on the phone is for being in a pinch, since the company outfits me really well with a lappy. And with Hotspot/Tethering, I am pretty good to go.

But, I have seen many recommendations to try several different ROMs before settling on a particular one. So I think I will do that this weekend. Apex and Rubix seem to be the next choices for me.

Thank you for the response!!

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm running Liberty 1.5 also, and so far it's pretty good. I have couple issues with it though. The first one is that my Comcast email sets up fine, but when I go to load messages, it says connection error. I know the login info is correct cause it pulls in some messages, and I have tried to delete and set back up...but still not working right. I have an X10 running CM 6.1.3 (amazing), so email is not a real big deal. The second issue is the customization capabilities aren't real good. Maybe I'm just used to CM, but I would like more options. I'm going to try this out for a few days, but most likely will flash something else. I want to try Apex, but all I can find is the Honeybread theme. I'm looking for a full ROM. I have heard a lot of good things about Rubix, maybe I will try that out.

Edit: Just saw that Apex 1.4.1 is a theme for Apex 1.4. Will be loading both of those tomorrow after work.

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
@Icon Let me know how that goes! I have ADW Launcher and Beautiful Widgets running with Liberty, so it provides an ok amount of customization.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yeah I'm running Liberty 1.5 also, and so far it's pretty good. I have couple issues with it though. The first one is that my Comcast email sets up fine, but when I go to load messages, it says connection error. I know the login info is correct cause it pulls in some messages, and I have tried to delete and set back up...but still not working right. I have an X10 running CM 6.1.3 (amazing), so email is not a real big deal. The second issue is the customization capabilities aren't real good. Maybe I'm just used to CM, but I would like more options. I'm going to try this out for a few days, but most likely will flash something else. I want to try Apex, but all I can find is the Honeybread theme. I'm looking for a full ROM. I have heard a lot of good things about Rubix, maybe I will try that out.

Edit: Just saw that Apex 1.4.1 is a theme for Apex 1.4. Will be loading both of those tomorrow after work.

Here are two I made for apex. One is a blue theme and the other a honeycomb based theme.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-rooting-roms-hacks/60897-theme-apex-1-4-0-a.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-rooting-roms-hacks/64882-theme-apexcomb.html

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty