Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Question Having issues with GB Leak and cant sbf back to .340 need help please.

    I flashed the deodexed pre rooted gb leak and have had nothing but problems since flashing it and now i wish to got back to stock using sbf but for some strange reason my droid x is not being seen by rsd lite. I have installed all the appropiate drivers and followed procedure to the letter as far as what i can see on the thread about reverting from leaked gb to .340 based rom and still no luck. Ive googled til my fingers are sore and still no luck. any insight as to what i am doing wrong or what i could do to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated. for some strange reason i dont have super user access any more and i cant boot into recovery mode either. im running windows 7 64bit edition. if any other info is needed just let me know as ill be around here all day til i can fix this problem. thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,994 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default

    You have rebooted your PC after installation of drivers? Do you have any nandroids? What did you flash the deodexed GB over?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    You have rebooted your PC after installation of drivers? Do you have any nandroids? What did you flash the deodexed GB over?
    Yes i did reboot pc after installation. I did a nandroid before flashing to leaked pre rooted gb but i cant get into recovery for some reason. Flashed over stock .340 ota rom, rooted of course. For some reason i dont have super user access any more and cant boot into recovery either just stays on exclamation sign and does nothing else.
  4. #4  

    Default

    For RSD Lite to detect the device... Are you sure you are in bootloader mode? Hold down the volume down and camera button, then press and hold the power button. The bootloader screen is black and it says bootloader and version at the top, then in the middle, it says stuff like Battery OK, OK to Program, USB mode, etc.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acstewart82 View Post
    just stays on exclamation sign and does nothing else.
    That is not the bootloader screen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    That is not the bootloader screen.
    Yes i know thats the recovery screen. I tried to nandroid back to .340 but couldnt get past the exclamation screen. As far as the bootloader goes i have put the phone in bootloader mode for rsd and rsd just doesnt see it.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Make sure you have the correct Moto USB drivers for 64-bit machines installed on your PC:

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Make sure you have the correct Moto USB drivers for 64-bit machines installed on your PC:

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Yep got those. The pc sees the phone and i can do everything and anything with the exception of using rsd lite.
  9. #9  

    Default

    What version of RSD Lite are you using? I flashed my X 2 times a couple days ago with RSD Lite 4.9 with the .340 full sbf file with no problems.
  10. #10  
    JkdJedi's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    2,119 Posts
    Carrier
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acstewart82 View Post
    Yep got those. The pc sees the phone and i can do everything and anything with the exception of using rsd lite.
    When you initially plug your phone in and I'm gonna assume you turned on USB Debugging (which might actually cause another problem being that you need the D2 bootstrap for usb debugging to work on gingerbread but we might be getting ahead of ourselves here..) you get 4 choices of usb modes here, Pc Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB MAss Storage, and Charge Only. You want to be on PC mode for RSD to see your phone.
    What seems to have happened here in your case is that you went ahead and flashed the deodexed version of Gingerbread BEFORE flashing the RooTEd version...BIG NO NO.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    When you initially plug your phone in and I'm gonna assume you turned on USB Debugging (which might actually cause another problem being that you need the D2 bootstrap for usb debugging to work on gingerbread but we might be getting ahead of ourselves here..) you get 4 choices of usb modes here, Pc Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB MAss Storage, and Charge Only. You want to be on PC mode for RSD to see your phone.
    What seems to have happened here in your case is that you went ahead and flashed the deodexed version of Gingerbread BEFORE flashing the RooTEd version...BIG NO NO.
    So what can I do to fix this? Yes flashed the deodexed gb leak before rooted gb leak. Didnt know that this couldnt be done of course.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    When you initially plug your phone in and I'm gonna assume you turned on USB Debugging (which might actually cause another problem being that you need the D2 bootstrap for usb debugging to work on gingerbread but we might be getting ahead of ourselves here..) you get 4 choices of usb modes here, Pc Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB MAss Storage, and Charge Only. You want to be on PC mode for RSD to see your phone.
    What seems to have happened here in your case is that you went ahead and flashed the deodexed version of Gingerbread BEFORE flashing the RooTEd version...BIG NO NO.
    Yes I did flash the deodexed before rooted but i did not know that i couldnt do this. is there anything i can do to fix this?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    would it be possible to adb the neccessary superuser files to the phone and if so how as i dont have much experience with adb
  14. #14  
    JkdJedi's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    2,119 Posts
    Carrier
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acstewart82 View Post
    Yes I did flash the deodexed before rooted but i did not know that i couldnt do this. is there anything i can do to fix this?
    I don't remember the actual sequence to get the rsd to take but try this after you power down/or battery pull, hold down the camera button, down volume button, and then press the power button, your rsd should see your phone then and make sure you got the sbf file loaded up in RSD. If that don't work reverse the order in how you push them buttons....whew...good luck man, We've ALL been there, nothing to be ashamed about, you've been initiated to the Rom/Hack world, now do us proud and sbf that baby!
    acstewart82 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    I don't remember the actual sequence to get the rsd to take but try this after you power down/or battery pull, hold down the camera button, down volume button, and then press the power button, your rsd should see your phone then and make sure you got the sbf file loaded up in RSD. If that don't work reverse the order in how you push them buttons....whew...good luck man, We've ALL been there, nothing to be ashamed about, you've been initiated to the Rom/Hack world, now do us proud and sbf that baby!
    Thanks imma give it a shot and report back asap.
  16. #16  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,994 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default

    Good news?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Good news?
    About to try it out now.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    I power the phone down and hook it up to my pc via the usb cable and the phone automatically just powers back up before i can even try to put it into bootloader mode. Any ideas as what to do next?
  19. #19  
    towusop's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default

    I had similar trouble because I did not wipe my cache and data before installing GB. I was never able to make RSD lite work for me and found the linux method for flashing an SBF a lot easier. Directions can be found here. Just substitute the file name for the one you wish to flash.
  20. #20  
    towusop's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default

    Get into bootloader mode before pluging it in.
  21. #21  
    JkdJedi's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    2,119 Posts
    Carrier
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acstewart82 View Post
    I power the phone down and hook it up to my pc via the usb cable and the phone automatically just powers back up before i can even try to put it into bootloader mode. Any ideas as what to do next?
    Do the button sequence before plugging the phone in

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Ok new issue now. Just when I thought i had all the appropiate drivers i get this message. Data interface ... no driver found, diag interface ... no driver, tcmd interface ... no driver, mux interface ... no driver. Any ideas as to what drivers they are referring to and where i can find them.


    *** NVM this only occurs if i plug the phone in while holding the camera button. ****
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towusop View Post
    Get into bootloader mode before pluging it in.
    Yeah that doesnt seem to want to work.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    Do the button sequence before plugging the phone in

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    No luck with either sequence.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    acstewart82's Avatar
    Android Lover

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    It says on the phone....

    Bootloader
    30.04


    Battery OK
    Ok to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

    but its not showing on rsd lite on pc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions