HELP Droid X Frozen after SBF!

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So I SBF'd my Droid X so I could install the official update. After 4 hours of messing around with RSD Lite I finally got it to work. On the first boot up it was working fine, but then the SD Card wasnt recognized, so I rebooted, now the second it turns on, It goes straight to the homescreen, no lock screen. Then if I touch ANYTHING, open ANY app, it freezes. And upon each bootup, it rings. but I dont get any error. I have rebooted 5+ times now. Any help, suggestions, anything?!?!
I just need to install z4root and root it so I can install P3DROID's rooted version.

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I also cant wipe data from the regular recovery. Every time I open it, it says
"E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"

Also boots up in like 20 seconds. Normally it takes like 35-40. And when it does bootup, there is no wallpaper. It seems the first boot up was fine, but the rest are bugged.

[HUGE DISCOVERY] Every time I boot it up with no SD Card it works fine, but the second the SD card is inserted, it rings, then freezes after mounting it. Nothing weird happened to the SD Card during SBF, and it never fell out. I wouldnt mind formatting it But I cant if my phone freezes when I insert it.

[?] When I insert the charging cable, it works. Even the notification bar updates and it says "DROID"

Then whatever app im in freezes on the "this app is not responding"

Last edited:

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I realized that. I formatted it, it was working. I then installed z4root, which rooted it and rebooted it. Then it froze again. :-\
I rebooted and now its kinda frozen for a sec, then fine, then frozen.
I really dont want to spend like $50-60 for a new card.

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I realized that. I formatted it, it was working. I then installed z4root, which rooted it and rebooted it. Then it froze again. :-\
I rebooted and now its kinda frozen for a sec, then fine, then frozen.
I really dont want to spend like $50-60 for a new card.

Will it stay unfrozen long enough for you to reboot into recovery and wipe data/cache? I know you said you couldn't before. Have you tried it again?

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Even with no SD Card it wont work. Are there any ways to root the Official gingerbread, without a pre rooted version?

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I cant exactly describe how its frozen. Like, I can open apps, the clock continues to run, the 3G data usage icon says its working, I gain and lose bars, and the line blinks in text fields, but I cant control the phone.

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I might get this. I am going to side load D2 Boot Strapper and load the files, then install them.
Im wiping data, and proceeding to install the files.
Oops, I installed part 2 by accident. Wiping data again -.-

Last edited:

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Persistence is key! Lol. I've had a few things go wrong before. I eventually figured it out by trying a bunch of different stuff. "Throw it all to the wall and see what sticks" kind of approach is how I go at it. :)

Reactions: dwt10