CyanogenMod7 now available in beta!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
One problem I am having, and Im listing it here since it started since I put CM7 on, is ROM Manager wont read my Premium license. I had it backed up with my apps and I even re-downloaded it from the market(my Premium license), but every time I open ROM Manager, it says I need to get Premium. Odd.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I havent flashed this yet mainly because of reports of GPS not working ,,or only working with maps and no other app .Anyone confirm if it works for them or not ?
But Im sure just a matter of time til its fixed :cool:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, so far I can say the following works:

Dialer(out and in)
GPS(I have Latitude, Google Maps, and Navigation which all load although Waiting for Location does not load current location, I guess it needs wi-fi enabled under settings)
Contacts had to be synced separately(mighta been my own fault during setup)
Wi-Fi
Torch
Camera is a bit buggy. Will snap photo using on screen shutter button but then it freezes til u hit Home key and I cant find where the photo goes. Using Vignette the physical camera button snaps the photo but then it stays on the Picture taken black screen. Physical camera key does nothing under stock Camera app
Gallery(Iris3d seems fine)
Camcorder when switched to from stock Camera app presents a black screen with camcorder settings only useable item. Camera/Camcorder apps will be worked on.
Browser(bookmarks imported from backups)
Messaging(MMS and sms)
ADW Launcher and all it's settings(altho I switched back to LPP with no issues)
Lock screen(w functions)
CyanogenMod settings(alot of technical specs)
Screen Lock Sounds
Great Keyboard(named Android Keybpard, looks and acts like Lin's Gingerbread board)
Display Brightness manual only(no auto setting)
Gapps(had to install them separately)
Folders, Wallpapers, Widgets all load and sync
Theme chooser from appdraw
Holding power grants you a reboot option, which then gives you another reboot type

Name me some things because this is still a Beta build and each device might go differently. Im just listing what works for me as I go thru it.

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to add, flashing p3's easy zip right over my .596(Liberty nightly ROM) did not cause me to lose root. Once on CM7 anytime I opened an app Superuser appeared instantly and granted permissions. Do a Terminal check to be sure though if you go this route.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Also, I know the dev team is keeping track of who where how with the CM7 downloads, is this T-CDMA64 code on my lockscreen part of that process? The main wikirootz thread is nearing 50 pages so contact to each of us by the devs is rare. Just wondering if anyone else has this on their screen(upper right)

20110616084930.jpg

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Also, I know the dev team is keeping track of who where how with the CM7 downloads, is this T-CDMA64 code on my lockscreen part of that process? The main wikirootz thread is nearing 50 pages so contact to each of us by the devs is rare. Just wondering if anyone else has this on their screen(upper right)

20110616084930.jpg

T-CDMA64 might have something to do with "Verizon using CDMA" , just a way to identify it for the Droid X. That's my guess anyway.

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

20110616084930.jpg

Hey Jerseyboy, here you have the fix for the CDMA words plus a fix for the CRT animation:

Cyanogen CRT Animation Mod!!!!

I will be joining you soon Jerseyboy...so far the camera bug is been fixed a by 3rd party app, kind of sluggish but it will do for now according to the rootzwiki forums...my biggest turn off is the battery drain that everybody over there is reporting...

ApeX is running like a champ (that's why I came back from Liberty), after I installed Root Tools and tweaked the crap out of it and with the imoseyon tweaks over it, this ROM is the best one I have tried so far...

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Nicely done Vader tyvm. And yes I can report heavier battery usage in this ROM but it seems to be while im actually doing something just pulls more juice than it did in other setups. Plus its CM7 I cant put my X down lol. Gona install that crt anim/cdma fix now.

*update- The zip worked. cant post a screenshot cuz Photobucket is bein ******ed n Im @ 5 Guys Burgers n Fries w my girl. Il tap ya a Thanks later

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited: