Gingerbread NOW available

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont think so . I think sbf is the only way to get back to pre gingerbread.I dont think you can go from 2.3.3 android version back to 2.2.1 that way .

I'm on froyo still with apex. I was asking if the maderstock would be viable instead of sbf'ing to stock froyo. I'm planning on going to GB.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My Maps works just fine. I just used it early this morning; a one hour long session.

I just got back from a quick drive and Navigation is definitely a little wonky. At red lights it flashes rapidly back and forth from 3D to 2D overhead until I'm moving again. Turn by turn almost seemed like it was confused, constantly trying to redirect me. I also use Car Dashboard Pro instead of the stock Car Dock interface and it wasn't registering my speed at all. While it's probably the app not being configured for GB it's still a deal breaker for me and I'll be returning to Froyo today. Maybe it's time to give Liberty or one of the other ROMs a shot now that I know what I'm doing.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on froyo still with apex. I was asking if the maderstock would be viable instead of sbf'ing to stock froyo. I'm planning on going to GB.

I didnt go back to stock. 340 before going to GB.
I was on rubiX.I just downloaded GB,put on root of sd,in recovery wiped cache,wiped data,wiped dalvik,wiped, a couple of times.
I then flashed GB when it got tho and while still in recovery wiped cache again factory reset then let it reboot all went good for me doing in that way.
I still have a stock ..340 made when I first rooted still but if i was wiping all my data saw no real use to go back to stock. 340 just to get GB.But thats how I did.

sent using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: kismet769

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from a quick drive and Navigation is definitely a little wonky. At red lights it flashes rapidly back and forth from 3D to 2D overhead until I'm moving again. Turn by turn almost seemed like it was confused, constantly trying to redirect me. I also use Car Dashboard Pro instead of the stock Car Dock interface and it wasn't registering my speed at all. While it's probably the app not being configured for GB it's still a deal breaker for me and I'll be returning to Froyo today. Maybe it's time to give Liberty or one of the other ROMs a shot now that I know what I'm doing.
Its definitely wonky on your device. I missed a turn, it redirected me, and took me straight to my destination like it always did on Froyo with no issues. It did put a pretty big hurt on my battery, but it functioned just fine.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I didnt go back to stock. 340 before going to GB.
I was on rubiX.I just downloaded GB,put on root of sd,in recovery wiped cache,wiped data,wiped dalvik,wiped, a couple of times.
I then flashed GB when it got tho and while still in recovery wiped cache again factory reset then let it reboot all went good for me doing in that way.
I still have a stock ..340 made when I first rooted still but if i was wiping all my data saw no real use to go back to stock. 340 just to get GB.But thats how I did.

sent using TaPaTaLk

I pretty much did the same as you and it worked fine. :)

I wiped data/cache and davlik cache a gajillion times then flashed the rooted GB without issue.

Thanks.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hmmm thinking about trying now since its Deodexed. Might be forever for the official GB to get released .
Once there is an custom rom for GB out no doubt I will. Getting closer to pulling the trigger anyhoo :D

I think they purposely wait to release the o/s's. By the time gingerbread is released, Google will have the next o/s just about ready to go.

Is Honeycomb supposed to only be for tablets, or are they planning on using it on phones as well?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
When I follow to this file http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...roid-x-2-3-3-gingerbread-deodexed-rooted.html and I put it on the root of my SD, and I go into stock recovery and chose Install from SD, I click that zip and it says failed to verify whole-file signature. Am I the only one in the world who cannot even get his X working by installing this again,lol EVERYTHING I do I get a boot loop. Sorry I keep posting about my issue in different threads but they are all related one way or another. There must be a fix.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Because I cannot get into clockwork recovery. Im doin the push the vol buttons after the exclamation point cuz pushing the search button method doesnt work

MurrVox

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I feel so grown up...and not so smart
Wanted to go from the Gingerbread rooted BACK to Apex 1.4.1
So I did a nandroid backup, titanium backup, booted into recovery with bootstrapper, did a wipe/factory reset, dalvik cache wipe and then went to install from sd.
went to apex, then got stuck at the motorola logo for several minutes.
Went into the "power/home" reboot, hit both volume keys and tried to restall both the GB and the Verizon stock and get "invalid signature, install aborted".
Still at Motorola logo on reboot. Any help?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel so grown up...and not so smart
Wanted to go from the Gingerbread rooted BACK to Apex 1.4.1
So I did a nandroid backup, titanium backup, booted into recovery with bootstrapper, did a wipe/factory reset, dalvik cache wipe and then went to install from sd.
went to apex, then got stuck at the motorola logo for several minutes.
Went into the "power/home" reboot, hit both volume keys and tried to restall both the GB and the Verizon stock and get "invalid signature, install aborted".
Still at Motorola logo on reboot. Any help?

"Well....bombs away..."
(Ronald Reagan in Russia minutes before being interviewed on live radio....unknowing that the interview had already started):D

MurrVox

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
well I was hoping for some help but I guess I deserved that...I have pored thru posts but just can't seem to figure it out...any suggestions?

MurrVox

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Here's a question:
Did I get in this mess (although I learned a lot the past 2 1/2 hours) because I DIDN'T flash back to the 2.3.340 BEFORE trying to go back to Apex?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I see what they are doing there and I can install drivers and such on my pc but my pc cannot see my phone cuz it never powers up that far. I did the rooted gb build, deodexed build, then flashed that new honeycomblclock thing.zip and that has been the root of the issue. so i went and took out my sd and deleted what i had put on last night, wipe data and rebooted, still looping. I need cwm recovery to try more backups. Just a brief rundown of whats goin on

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Here's a question:
Did I get in this mess (although I learned a lot the past 2 1/2 hours) because I DIDN'T flash back to the 2.3.340 BEFORE trying to go back to Apex?

Correct. When you flashed the Gingerbread leak, more than just the OS changed. Flashing back to anything else will not have the appropriate signature. Once you're on Gingerbread, the only way to go back to anything older is to push the SBF first via your computer.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I see what they are doing there and I can install drivers and such on my pc but my pc cannot see my phone cuz it never powers up that far. I did the rooted gb build, deodexed build, then flashed that new honeycomblclock thing.zip and that has been the root of the issue. so i went and took out my sd and deleted what i had put on last night, wipe data and rebooted, still looping. I need cwm recovery to try more backups. Just a brief rundown of whats goin on

To get to clockwork you need to be in the OS so you can use Bootstrapper. Since you're looping and not able to get into the OS, you'll have to SBF.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Because I cannot get into clockwork recovery. Im doin the push the vol buttons after the exclamation point cuz pushing the search button method doesnt work

The recovery has changed with Gingerbread. Instead of search button, you now use volume keys. The recovery itself is a bit different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel