Is there a backup app as thorough as Titanium?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've always used and loved Titanium Backup, but now I'm on the non rooted OTA GB. I've decided to stay OTA (tired of sbf'ing my life away) and hope that one day, someone will root this os. Until then, I have no real backup plan. Does anyone know if any other backup apps (not requiring root) function anything like Titanium? I'm mostly looking for the ability to backup/restore apps, and more importantly, there settings and data.

Thanks

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Give MyBackup Pro a shot

+1 the best one to use for non rooted devices. As another backup just for critical things like your apps, you could always use the feature that Lookout supports. I dont myself, as I use Titanium, but it is very trustworthy and stable to do if u needed an ER backup.

Reactions: greydarrah

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mybackup pro will save apks ,sms,mms,bookmarks,contacts,music playlist and a few other things without root.
But will not save apk data unless your rooted.
I use Mybackup Pro as well as TB.

sent via TaPaTaLk

Reactions: greydarrah

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I got MyBackup Pro. It doesn't get app data (unless you have root) like Titanium, but otherwise, seems pretty complete.

So, it cannot be used to fully restore an app and its data for non-root users? I'm seriously considering doing a hard reset of my Gingerbread X because my email account settings vanished with the GB update. The accounts are still actually there, I just have no way to get at their settings or even delete them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699