Xyboard 10.1 touch response sensitivity issues?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Wi-Fi Xyboard 10.1 from Motorola when it was released but have been having intermittent touch response issues. It works flawlessly at times but other times I need to touch the screen 5+ times to get a response. This happens in the home screen, application screen, and even internet browser. I have tried a master reset and no difference in response. I think I may need to file a warranty as Motorola has never heard of this. I thought maybe it was software related because it works at times and than doesn't later. Anyone else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess its not normal so I requested an evaluation and repair from Motorola.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They sent it back and claimed that it was a software issue. I thought it was solved but at times it still requires multiple touches. However, I have not had any issues writing this post as of yet. I know this forum is dead, but does anyone ever have lag or some sort of touch response issues when unlocking the screen with either a password coded screen or just the swipe? I really need to know this because the original Xoom never had any of these issues. I also noticed that with a bit of pressure with my finger my screen will show a wavy ripple effect. Anyone else?

Edit - Seems that its responding without any problems while I type so I guess it was a software issue. Motorola left an image of their computer screen on my tablet that showed my tablet failed a test originally. I am still curious if anyone else notices the ripple effect though.

Edit 2 - The issue is still happening at random times. I want to believe that it's just lag but it doesn't register at all so that can't be it... I think Motorola either needs to fix it again or send me another unit. This is getting ridiculous!
Sent from my XOOM 2 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I started noticing a white line that appears to be discolored so I sent my tablet in yet again with a note mentioning my touch screen issues and the discoloration. I requested a replacement if Motorola could not guarantee me a fix for both issues. Motorola sent me a replacement unit that seems to function perfectly so far. No screen color issues and no touch sensitivity issues. How in the world did Motorola not do this right the first time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87