Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about SD cards, but something else. I've been looking at a TouchPad, trying to figure out why people would get one instead of the Xoom. I played around with it a little, and I have to admit one thing. WebOS does multitasking well.

What do you think about it?

Would Android benefit from some sort of version of this?

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about SD cards, but something else. I've been looking at a TouchPad, trying to figure out why people would get one instead of the Xoom. I played around with it a little, and I have to admit one thing. WebOS does multitasking well.

What do you think about it?

Would Android benefit from some sort of version of this?
I'm not familiar with WebOS. Tell us what we are missing.

My personal opinion from the financial side is RIM can probably not survive and will be eventually bought. Maybe sooner than later. They seem to be bleeding money. Their tablet is their last ditch hope to turn around. And it would have to be a grand slam home run to even begin to do that.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Who needs cards when Honeycomb has stamps. I will admit the card system is cool its too bad everything about the Touchpad has gotten bad reviews.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with WebOS. Tell us what we are missing.

My personal opinion from the financial side is RIM can probably not survive and will be eventually bought. Maybe sooner than later. They seem to be bleeding money. Their tablet is their last ditch hope to turn around. And it would have to be a grand slam home run to even begin to do that.

‪HP TouchPad Multitask‬‏ - YouTube

It's a visual representation of the multitasking that I think would be nice for us to have. I also believe the way you close apps on there is something that would help me out sometimes. I'll sometimes open up the Advanced Task Killer and say "Wait, I thought I closed that".

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You really need to let Android manage the apps for you. Take atk off and trust that the system can handle itself.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
‪HP TouchPad Multitask‬‏ - YouTube

It's a visual representation of the multitasking that I think would be nice for us to have. I also believe the way you close apps on there is something that would help me out sometimes. I'll sometimes open up the Advanced Task Killer and say "Wait, I thought I closed that".

Yea you don't want the atk. The reason things open back up is cause they should be open or that's how the app is designed. You may have random reboots using atk also. In the beginning of android it may have been useful but now its just counter acting the Android system and killing battery. Think of it like this. You run the app using battery and kill things running and then the system kills more battery booting the apps that need/want to run again.

sent by CyanogenMod X