Moving files around on 3.2

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I understand theres no write ability on sd card. However, I have 4 movies on my Xoom I would like to simply move to sd card... Can this be done without connecting to pc and moving it around that way? I am assuming I would need to move movies to pc and then to Xoom if cannot do directly on Xoom with 3.2

Alder5

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
You will have to use the cable. You will not have to move anything to your PC though, just cut and paste from internal memory to the card.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
You will have to use the cable. You will not have to move anything to your PC though, just cut and paste from internal memory to the card.

not sureI follow... If there's no need fo put movies from my Xoom to PC but I can't transfer from Xoom xirect to card why need cable? I didn't nt have movies on pc saved so I need to put them somewhere to move them to SD card.

Alder5

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No you don't, you need the cable to get access to the card. When you click on the Xoom icon in "My Computer" on your PC you will have two folders available, internal storage and SD card. Click on internal storage, find your movies, highlight the movies, right click and choose "cut." Now go back to where you had the two storage options and choose your SD Card. After you open the card make a folder for your movies if you are so inclined (I was), if you created a new folder make sure and open it up then right click and choose "paste."

Voila, your movies are on the card and you never had to move them to your PC.

tonyes

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have a movie on the SD Card but cant find the SD card to play the movie. I must not know what I'm doing.

icedhot

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I m able to see the pics from the gallery & able to play the music files from the 2nd card but I just want to the content of it. So I want to locate it.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Stock 3.2 SD card is Read Only. It is a bit ridiculous, but if you root you will have full read and write support. I really don't need my PC anymore.

Xoom: Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked at 1.5, and on Tiamat 2.1.0 Tachi

Kyocera Echo: Waiting for 2.3 fix.
Source Code Released!!

JerryRogan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The price we pay to be pioneers...

Hope to see the day we can Read/Write to the SD card on a standard Xoom, or perhaps even a portable hard drive (now I'm really reaching). The SD slot, as it is now, offers limited functionality and certainly hasn't been worth the wait.

I hope the 4G upgrade does more to excite me than this has!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699