I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Since some Xoom owners have been upgraded this month already I think they (moto) will say they have met the due date. After all it is available, just not to everyone yet.

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree, they can say "they started" to get the media off their backs, however my guess is regardless of when they start for general users, it's going to take a couple mos so I'd be pretty surprised if I have my upgrade before the New Year. Let' say it takes 10mins per unit, so 6 an hour, 48 on a 8 hour shift for one person. If they have 100 people doing it, that's 4800 a day... They run dual shifts so that's about 9600 a day. How many Xoom 3g sold? It's also possible they may have contracted it out to someone else who has the man power so it will take less, not sure... In any event I think it's going to take a little while.

EDIT: Also with their turn around time being just a few days, I doubt they are having it done overseas (which would be a lot cheaper) so if it's US labor, it's probably not going to be cheap for them, so chances are not as many workers doing it. Just my .02.

-Mike

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Like I said when Galaxy Tab got 4G, September deadline was just damage control. We won't see volume upgrade until January at least.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have been after Motorola every chance I get, on their live chat support, twitter, facebook. They continue to give me the standard it is coming in September details coming soon. My first thought on that is, good so on Oct 1 when I don't have it I can have some more fun complaining about it :p. Now does that solve the problem, not really, but I guess makes me feel better.

I love my OG Droid, and Droid X and my Xoom, but I think this is it for me and Motorola, it appears Sammy has over taken them with just awesome design and technology. The Bionic will be dead in a few weeks with the arrival of Nexus Prime and after this I don't think I will be a finished or unfinished tablet from them again.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I have been after Motorola every chance I get, on their live chat support, twitter, facebook. They continue to give me the standard it is coming in September details coming soon. My first thought on that is, good so on Oct 1 when I don't have it I can have some more fun complaining about it :p. Now does that solve the problem, not really, but I guess makes me feel better.

I love my OG Droid, and Droid X and my Xoom, but I think this is it for me and Motorola, it appears Sammy has over taken them with just awesome design and technology. The Bionic will be dead in a few weeks with the arrival of Nexus Prime and after this I don't think I will be a finished or unfinished tablet from them again.

Only one more week, then I can start to give them hell again.

Just set our darn expectations correctly so we don't get mad. I would have been fine if Motorola/Verizon would have told me that it may be possible to have a free upgrade to LTE within a year. The 3G version is fine, but 4G LTE will be great!!! They should have NEVER told us the LTE upgrade would be out "soon"

I want my dam* LTE tablet NOW!!!!!!!!

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so, it's not just me that is wondering when they'll get upgraded. :) SIGH. September is definitely running out soon. Last I had seen was an email that I'd be able to upgrade in September but since then deafening silence. I'd like to get it done since I'll be traveling in December to a place I know has LTE. I have the Bionic, but, it'd kinda be nice to have the Xoom upgraded, as well. UGH.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes they do. I will never ever buy a product that is 1/2 finished again. Never! Even with the promise of "soon".

I think that's the lesson I've learned. I can't get too upset because, there is nothing I can do about it.

We aren't going to see the upgrade. We have been sold a load on this one by Motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm starting to believe that to be the case.

This more-than-likely will be the last two-year agreement I ever sign with Verizon. I might buy a motorola phone but, I doubt it.I'v never owned a droid just the Nexus phones and, my touch. Can't wait for the nexus prime.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's fine if they don't want to upgrade them or are having technical difficulties still. Just let us swap them out for a Xoom2 and call it even. No? :D

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This would be nice, but I doubt they would do that for us. One can hope!

Sorry, I wasn't actually proposing that as something that's realistic. :D There's no way that'll ever happen. I'm just saying it'd be a nice way to make it even. Let me head down to my VZW store with my Xoom, trade it in for a brand new Xoom2, and call it good. Not going to happen. In any case, I'd really like to get the Xoom upgraded to LTE before December. I just don't have a lot of faith in that happening since it was originally supposed to happen in May and here we are near the end of September and still no sign of it happening for a lot of us. UGH.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If it's not upgraded by the end of the month, I'll be calling them and polity demanding some sort of service credit or compensation :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I understand the sentiment behind that, but, good luck. :) I suspect Moto really doesn't care all that much. As much as I love my Xoom, no one anywhere should ever classify the launch of the Xoom as ANY kind of "success". Let's face it, they sold what, 100k? It was way overpriced for the market they were trying to win over. (As is evidenced by the fact that the competition is priced significantly lower and they've dropped the price a LOT since it was rolled out). The upgrade to LTE is going to cost them quite a bit of money and simply reminds them that this launch wasn't stellar. I HOPE we see it get upgraded, but, at this point, I'm really not holding my breath. If it doesn't happen, then lesson learned indeed. I have always said buy a device for what it offers you TODAY not for future promises. And that's what I did with the Xoom. It'd be great to have the promised LTE support, but, if we never see it I still won't regret my purchase....other than the price we paid, of course. :D

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It'd be great to have the promised LTE support, but, if we never see it I still won't regret my purchase....other than the price we paid, of course. :D

Unfortunately, I would regret it, knowing the other Android tablets I could have had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch