Adjusting Color Temperature of Screen

rlconklin

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to adjust the color temperature on the screen of the Xoom? I am a photographer and one of the reasons I bought the Xoom was to be able to take it out to clients and use it as a portfolio of my photos. Unfortunately, the color temperature of the screen is so far off that all the photos I put on there have a very deep blue cast to them (I have seen the same problem on almost all LED/LCD screens used on laptops and desktop computers until they are adjusted). Is there an App available to calibrate the screen's color temperature?

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to adjust the color temperature on the screen of the Xoom? I am a photographer and one of the reasons I bought the Xoom was to be able to take it out to clients and use it as a portfolio of my photos. Unfortunately, the color temperature of the screen is so far off that all the photos I put on there have a very deep blue cast to them (I have seen the same problem on almost all LED/LCD screens used on laptops and desktop computers until they are adjusted). Is there an App available to calibrate the screen's color temperature?

Now that would be a nice thing to have, a colorimeter and software to calibrate tablets. Not sure if it will happen as the R&D costs would be pretty high for the return expected. At least a manual method would be nice to have.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
App called perfect viewer lets you adjust brightness gamma and contrast. Would that help? You can view many file types within the app

ericbergan

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I don't think Google grok's color calibration yet, considering Picasa client, Picasa online, and Chrome all treat it (or ignore it) differently. So I'd be pretty surprised if Honeycomb has all the right hooks built into the video driver to adjust primaries, get the grey scale ramp correct, etc.Maybe with ICS?

eric

buurin

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This is a pretty poor workaround, but you could export copies of your photos specifically for your Xoom and compensate for the inaccurate color.

Or you could show them prints :)

anon(19803)

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem; it looked like the temperature was off on all my pictures... even the saturation was gone.

As I found out, it was that when I exported my pictures from Lightroom, it was using a codec that the Xoom doesn't support (PhotoPro). I switched LR to AdobeRGB and voila, problem solved. I'm sure you'll find that is the solution.

I also had this problem with several online services, including Google's Picasa.

Here's a link to a thread I started about this problem:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-xoom/119317-picture-quality-color-problems.html

rlconklin

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
swimmerman, thanks for the reply but all my photos are already set to Adobe RGB. Doesn't seem to help. All websites I visit that have photos are all also blue. It would be great if they had a way to adjust RGB gamma like most monitors are capable of doing.

anon(19803)

May 1, 2010
Visit site
swimmerman, thanks for the reply but all my photos are already set to Adobe RGB. Doesn't seem to help. All websites I visit that have photos are all also blue. It would be great if they had a way to adjust RGB gamma like most monitors are capable of doing.
Hmph. If the pictures are that bad, I would definitely consider taking it back for a new one. As someone with aa fairly keen eye for colors, I can honestly say that the Xooms screen is not too shabby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura