Can't "open" nor "save" email attachment

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. I have a Xoom and I bought my mom a Xoom.

I've installed Aldiko premium on both of our Xooms to read epub books.

It works fine on my Xoom.

On her Xoom, the .epub attachment in Gmail is unable to "open" or "save". It doesn't present those options.

Obviously, in my email it does.

Why doesn't it show on hers? We have the same apps installed. And how do I get it to work on hers?
Apparently, she has the same problem when she tried to manually copy the file via USB from her desktop computer. Is there a way to manually force apps to recognize files? In applications, I do not see a file association (on my Xoom) for Aldiko (or epub files).
Thanks

Last edited:

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There is an issue on the Xoom where the app launcher doesn't show up sometimes when the Xoom is horizontal, you have to turn it to the portrait mode to get the launcher to show up. I don't know if this is your issue, but it threw me for a bit... I would click on a file and the screen would go dark, but nothing else would happen.

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
No offense, but I don't think any of those solutions would be help.

I don't think that the problem would be with the app as it works fine on my Xoom.

I think that the problem is with her Xoom reckonizing certain file types.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
KJ was talking about the screen dimming issue. This is when the screen should have a pop up option but the screen dims and no popup.....pops up...lol. That's not the issue you are having is it?

Have you tried clearing the cache/data from applications in settings? Trying a reboot sometimes solves random problems.

And no offence because I'm very unfamiliar with the program you are using but you aren't trying to steal the books and this be some sort of security measure? Just tossing ideas out there...I'm assuming you are getting them the same place on your Xoom but figured I'd ask...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87