[Guide] How to flash ICS on a Stock LTE Xoom

AceXMachine

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The PC photo is what is says after i try and flash the Recovery boot.img. The 2nd photo is what the Xoom says after I try and flash the boot.img. Please tell me you know how I am douching this!

because you are typing boot.imB instead of boot.imG (should be .img, not .imb)

zbouig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Geeee doesn't work for me, i'm stuck on the "red bat logo" after i installed the 3 packages with CWM and then rebooted... the red logo's been on screen for 15 minutes now, so i don't think it worked... It's a Verizon 3G xoom (never updated in 4g cuz i'm in France, so it's useless, even the 3G from verizon doesn't work here).... what am i to do now?

doclee07

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine hung up at the batwings as well. I went back through the process and switched the .zip file order to:

Xoom.Zone.ICS.1.9.12.v2
gapps-ics-201111125-2
Xoom-Universal-Root

After rebooting the flashy android logo hangs there for while. I put my charger on and left it for about half an hour. When I went to check on it I had ICS.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if I have root or not. I have the superuser app but when I went to use titanium backup it said it couldn't access root. Any thoughts?

Props to BasPilot for the instructions...I will be tinkering around with it today to see if I can solve the root issue.

BTW - I am running an upgraded Xoom. Bought it when it first came out and sent it in for the upgrade. Now running LTE.

zbouig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
DOCLEE07 YOU'RE THE ONE!! just reinstalled the files in the order you sand and... ICS is running!! greaaaaaaaat!! thank you! let's just hope i'll be able to choose the french language in the settings!! :eek:)
AND YES I CAN wow let's download reinstall all the stuff!!!

zbouig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
mmmh i spoke too fast
i choose the language, then click "next"... it tells me "just a second"...
and then it asks me for a PUK code and a PINCODE... i precise i live in france, bought the 3G Verizon Xoom on ebay, and never used it with 3G. So i don't have any pincode nor PUK code...

zbouig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
(i love speaking with ?yself) here's the trick: to bypass the verizon activation, just click clockwise the 4 coners of the screen, beginning with the upper left one!!
1------->2
I
v
4 <-----3

doclee07

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing that as well but I think I just bypassed it. Everything seems to be working...downloaded some apps last night. I'm still tinkering with it today. If something comes up I will post.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
because you are typing boot.imB instead of boot.imG (should be .img, not .imb)

yes i did mess up on the 1st try. all is said was error. the very next line in the photo i put .img and it said flash was a success. Check out the photo again. The very last lines of text.

andrewsail

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon 3G Xoom has been hanging at the shimmering blue android screen for quite a while. I installed the zips in this order:

-ICS
-Google Apps
-Root

Everything in the process went smoothly, but I'm starting to get nervous. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! In the meantime, I'll leave it alone.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine hung up at the batwings as well. I went back through the process and switched the .zip file order to:

Xoom.Zone.ICS.1.9.12.v2
gapps-ics-201111125-2
Xoom-Universal-Root

After rebooting the flashy android logo hangs there for while. I put my charger on and left it for about half an hour. When I went to check on it I had ICS.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if I have root or not. I have the superuser app but when I went to use titanium backup it said it couldn't access root. Any thoughts?

Props to BasPilot for the instructions...I will be tinkering around with it today to see if I can solve the root issue.

BTW - I am running an upgraded Xoom. Bought it when it first came out and sent it in for the upgrade. Now running LTE.

AWESOME!!! I was honest and said I wasn't sure, and I'm glad I was because you fixed it!!! I already edited it in the OP, and I will now go and give you credit because I forgot to look at your name before I edited it! Well done!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Went perfect this time and same result. Man, someone has to know what I am doing wrong.

Have you tried a different MicroSD card? I did read that some cards just aren't happy with doing this. I don't know why, but they just don't like to do it.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried a different MicroSD card? I did read that some cards just aren't happy with doing this. I don't know why, but they just don't like to do it.

I haven't but I have two others I can try. Wish me luck. On the pic I posted a few comments up can you say if that is what I should be seeing after I flash boot.img?

zbouig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Adobe flash does not show up anymore in websites, though it's installed and enabled in the browser... In addition to that the setup website for Flash remains blank... Any suggestion anyone?

jchau526

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
So I did everything according to OP and I'm on the "ANDROID" shimmering text. I've waited probably about 1.5 hours now and its still going (or not going).

Any recommendations? Is it stuck? If so, how can I restart safely to CWM to retry? Thanks for any help.

vnveep

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Exchange email and calendaring works OK on this build? I've been reading conflicting reports... also that it might be overcome by installing the EOS gapps zip? Since I use this for work and deal with 4 different exchange accounts, I wanted to be sure before I more the plunge. Thanks in advance!

mattsican#AC

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Can i use this method on a Wifi only XOOM? i know there are instructions on how to do it with the Wifi only, but i dont have one of the usb OTG cables but do have everything listed at needed here, just not a 4G XOOM...

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
So I did everything according to OP and I'm on the "ANDROID" shimmering text. I've waited probably about 1.5 hours now and its still going (or not going).

Any recommendations? Is it stuck? If so, how can I restart safely to CWM to retry? Thanks for any help.

Same here, 45 minutes in my case... Getting nervous

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Can i use this method on a Wifi only XOOM? i know there are instructions on how to do it with the Wifi only, but i dont have one of the usb OTG cables but do have everything listed at needed here, just not a 4G XOOM...

Yes, there are wifi only builds out there. I actually flashed one by accident first and was pissed because my 3g didn't work. Just substitute the zip file for ics with that build zip and you're good to go.