Windows Laptop doesn't "see" Xoom

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had this ongoing problem with my laptop being connected to the Xoom but not "seeing" it. All I get is that an MTP device is connected (yes, I have gone to Motorola's website and downloaded all the drivers) but when I go to the Device Manager, it does something really strange...the dropdown list will appear and it will show the MTP Device (not Xoom...just MTP Device), then the list will minimize and re-maximize and show MTP Device with a "!", then it will minimize/re-maximize and show MTP Device without the "!" and continue this way until I finally just disconnect it.

Larry

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Back when the Xoom first came out, it was necessary to have MS Mediaplayer installed on a PC in order to connect. I had thought that this was no longer the case. But, I assume that you do have Mediaplayer
installed? (sorry for the dumb questions, but just trying to cover the basics)

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you mean the Windows Media Player and yes, I have the most recent version. Still doesn't work and...no dumb questions as far as I'm concerned...that's why I wrote as I haven't been able to come up with an answer yet.

flagstare

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
just read this thread and realized i had the same prob with my pc. however i unchecked the usb debuging mode and it suddenly worked and my pc now sees my xoom.

TOM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webchambers