According to this, were not getting ICS
03-05-2012 08:45 PM
- This is a copy and paste of the article that I found all over different tech sites. It mentions the moto xoom family eddition, the xoom 2, xoom 2 family edition, and WIFI Xyboards. There is nothing about Verizons xoom (LTE Xoom)
I sure hope they just forgot to put it in there.
Motorola has updated their Android Software Upgrade timeline with some new information regarding Android 4.0 for several devices. Ice Cream Sandwich will begin rolling out to the the Motorola XOOM Family Edition and a selection of international handsets including the Motorola RAZR in Q2. In Q3, the Motorola Atrix 4G, Atrix 2, and Photon 4G are scheduled to see the update as well as the XOOM 2, XOOM 2 Family Edition, and both WiFi XYBOARD models.
Devices confirmed for the update but without a set date include the Motorola Droid 4, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR MAXX, and Verizons XYBOARD tablets. The Motorola Electrify also makes the cut.
Motorola looks to have a full slate when it comes to updates, but the good news is that the majority of their high-end phones and tablets will see Ice Cream Sandwich at some point in the coming months. You can check out the full roadmap over at their site to see the exact breakdown of model, region, and expected delivery date.02-16-2012 08:54 AM
- 02-17-2012 09:11 AM
- The Wifi Xoom has had ICS for sometime. I understand Verizon has to do some testing but why the heck are we at the "Evaluation and planning" stage. There really can't be much difference other than the radios, and it shouldn't take Verizon more than a month to do the testing.02-17-2012 08:08 PM
- BasPilotTheSickAndTwistedBut according to what I read, ICS is going to be out some time greater than or equal today, but further to the right than the conservatives.
Look, it might be fun for you guys to look this stuff up, and if that is true, then keep at it...
But, I think we just need to hang in there. It will come one day and we'll have a day notice or maybe two if any at all. In the end, it is something you can still experience if you want to, I have it, and I love it. It's working perfectly and it's really fun how fast it goes. Go give it a look.
Then again, I don't use my xoom for business or anything, it's really just a fun toy.03-04-2012 01:50 PM
- This has taught me a lot about Motorola. I'm cautiously optimistic about Google taking them over, but Google's first announcement was they would keep Motorola management in place. I hope that was only said to keep things smooth sailing while the transition takes place. But I digress from the intent of this thread.
It's time for all of us to realize Motorola (and Verizon) is giving zero priority to the 4G XOOM. It is now more than a year since it's release and, for them, it's yesterday's news. They'd rather you upgrade to a XYBoard... as if any of us would do that after the way they've treated us.
I know you guys resist unlocking and loading a developer build, but you should really consider it. BasPilot, the guy who responded immediately before me in this thread, wrote a great step by step instruction thread in the rooting section of this XOOM forum. Personally, I'd recommend the EOS build rather than the one he used, but that's my preference. Run through the instructions and do it his way. When you're done, you'll know how to load other builds. It's easy. It will make you happy. Your wife will love you more. If you're not married, you'll get lucky. You may even get a raise at work. ;-)
Screw Mot. Stop waiting for them. You're probably not going to see an official ICS OTA until late in the year. Heck, they don't even have a date associated with the effort. C'mon... you guys weren't born yesterday. That probably means they have no intention of ever doing it, but they don't want to deal with the bad press it would generate... abandoning the high priced Flagship tablet and all the people who bought them.
It's time to seriously consider the alternatives guys. Seriously, it's not rocket science. It's easy. You just need to work slow and make sure you're following the directions.03-04-2012 08:14 PM
http://www.androidcentral.com/google...ace-sanjay-jah03-04-2012 09:12 PM
- I bet you'll love reading this
I haven't been watching this. Thanks for the update!!03-05-2012 08:45 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Motorola Xoom
According to this, were not getting ICS
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD