Verizon XOOM gets ICS next week!

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully sometime next week then. All my devices will be on ICS finally.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
60% of the time, It works every time!

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah! Next week then! Just like the title of this thread says!

Oh... yeah... um... nevermind. :'( This thread started on April 19th!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would suspect that it will start late this afternoon. I doubt its just the soak test going out because Verison Wireless @VZWnews tweented the followoing:

"A tasty treat for Motorola Xoom users, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade starting Monday, June 4th. bit.ly/Kj4iOP #ICS"

They have never done this for a soak test in the past.

Either way, those of us who have not rooted and loaded custom roms should be getting it soon!! :)

Reactions: cvette93

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
will be happy to get it this week, have been very tempted to root and install a custom rom lately but am glad I've held out.

reishus

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I have never seen verizon make an announcement for a soak test. I've had the Droid 1, Droid X, Bionic and this xoom.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It really is. ICS on the Xoom rocks. It's faster, more responsive, and just generally better than HoneyComb. Those that waited should be quite happy when it's pushed out. I'm sure they said it's going to start rolling out generally to people today....the soak test was last week. All I can say is it's about time.

EDIT: Oh wait a minute...I just realized those of you on HoneyComb still haven't been able to use Chrome. OH MAN. You all will wanna try that when the upgrade gets pushed. Chrome is my goto browser on ICS Xoom. :)

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
soak test was not last week, the email for people to be part of the soak went out, but the soak has not started yet. I am one of those who are suppose to be doing the soak.

It really is. ICS on the Xoom rocks. It's faster, more responsive, and just generally better than HoneyComb. Those that waited should be quite happy when it's pushed out. I'm sure they said it's going to start rolling out generally to people today....the soak test was last week. All I can say is it's about time.

EDIT: Oh wait a minute...I just realized those of you on HoneyComb still haven't been able to use Chrome. OH MAN. You all will wanna try that when the upgrade gets pushed. Chrome is my goto browser on ICS Xoom. :)

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It might be just the soak test coming out today. I am signed up for that but have not gotten anything yet.:(

/JK/

I think Verizon looked at how many Xoom users are still out there and determined that the size of the soak test would be larger than the total number of remaining users. So they are going to release it to the masses.

/end JK/

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got an invite from Motorola to join their soak test for the Verizon Xoom...I can only assume it's for testing the ICS update? I rooted a few weeks ago, so I can't participate. Now I'm wondering if I should flash back to stock if/when the OTA rolls out?

Anyone else?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else?

I don't think anyone has gotten it yet. As soon as it hits I'm sure someone will post that its live. My system checked itself about 2 hours ago, and there was nothing. I'm still waiting patiently monitoring the interwebs for news of its release into the wild.

We are all in hurry up and wait mode at the moment.

robsnotes4u

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Any soak test I have been on has a confidentiality clause to it so they couldn't tell you anyway.

When it comes it comes, if like other updates, once I get them, I say to myself "is that all there is, is this what all the fuss was about", Then get excited for another.

I really hope when I do get ICS it is something special, because I have hardly touched my Xoom after buying an Ipad2. The Ipad is just smooth. I am not an Apple freak, even though I have a MacBook Pro. I love my Droid Razr, and again I hope when ICS comes to that the updated will bring something big versus any other update I have received through all my Motorola devices

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Something is being pushed out by Moto today for a soak test. I wonder if it's a newer version of ICS than what VZW will be pushing out?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
:'( Note from Motorola regarding the Xoom update:

"We're testing final software. A group of some thousands of Xoom owners will recieve the upgrade. But only a portion of that group is made up of owners like you, from the Motorola Feedback Network. It's your feed back that we rely on in evaluating if our software is ready."

So it is just a soak test. :'( :'( :'(

via @droid-life